NovoEd builds Web and mobile applications for creating effective and engaging online learning experiences. Online learning continues to be a lonely experience. We believe that online learning is more effective with opportunities to collaborate, provide and receive feedback, receive coaching from experts and learn from peers similar to an in-person workshop. Our technology enables the creation and delivery of engaging global learning experiences that lead to sustainable behavior change and enable business transformation.
Based in San Francisco, CA, we have the autonomy and fast-paced nature of a startup. We serve organizations around the world that need a better way to teach online – whether it’s corporate learning and development, training firms, or executive education.
At Novoed, you can expect:
- A collaborative and fun work environment
- Monthly company events, such as ski trips, BBQs hosted by our CEO, and more!
- Paid parental leave for moms and dads
- Free lunch every weekday from local restaurants
- Work from Home Wednesdays
- Flexible vacation days
- Comprehensive health care coverage
- 401k Matching
- Commuter benefits (parking and public transportation)
- Phone bill reimbursements (Yes! Your personal phone bill!)
What you will be doing:
As a UX designer,
- you will be working closely with the product development Team to create an intuitive and innovative experience for our users;
- you will be solving meaningful problems to improve their learning/teaching experience on our platform;
- you will get the first hand experience working on a very complex platform that has many features and serves many different types of users.
Here’s a list that can paint the picture how the design team works at NovoEd:
- Designing reusable, scalable and highly interactive learning and teaching experiences
- Ensuring our busy learners on the go can learn effectively and efficiently
- Working closely with the product management team to define, design and mock the product specs
- Visualizing complex learner and course admin experience to provide elegant UX/UI solutions
- Providing production ready mocks and assets for engineers to build, and work closely with them to solve real world issues
- Conducting user research to know first hand knowledge of our target users
- Hosting brown bags to communicate design projects and gathering feedback from the whole company
- Last but not least, celebrating every release with music, pastries and UI/UX bug filing.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- You have 2+ years of experience designing products that has been used by real users
- Your past work has examples of solving real world problems for your users
- You don’t mind wearing multiple hats, you can create wireframes and user flows, sketch out high fidelity mocks, and talk with users to understand their pain points
- You can communicate your ideas well, also listen to different ideas
- You have a keen eye for detail
- You enjoy bringing in the creativity to solve complex user experience problems