Visual Communications Designer
Help define, evolve, and maintain our company’s brand and marketing creatives. You’ll work closely with marketing, sales, product and other areas of the business to help ensure our brand is appealing and trustworthy. We're looking for someone with attention to detail who strives for pixel perfection.
You’ll join our small Design Team. We’re a nimble group that spans user research, user experience, prototyping, visual design, brand design, design systems, web design and UI development. We sketch a lot. We prototype a lot. We talk to users to validate our work. We run cross functional workshops to influence design thinking across the company.
OneSignal’s vision is to power the world’s messages. Our customer engagement platform enables our users to compose and send messages via mobile push, web push, in-app and email.
The company is growing quickly both in terms of revenue and employees. It’s a great time to join because we’re still early - we’ve raised a total of $35M from investors including SignalFire and Rakuten Ventures and despite our early stage, we have massive market penetration.
900K+ mobile app developers and marketing teams use OneSignal to send push notifications. We started as a Y Combinator-backed game developer. Our founders were frustrated with existing push notification tools, so we built our own system. It took off like wildfire. Now we help businesses send 5.5 Billion push notifications every single day.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and other stakeholders to deliver creative work that delivers on our business strategy and mission
- Apply creative thinking to a wide range of digital and physical projects, including our website landing pages, print collateral, whitepapers, event signage, presentations, and more
- Be a fierce advocate for the brand experience, and help us ensure consistency and quality across all of our communications assets
- Collaborate with product design to carry the brand into our product
- Explore and promote new and promising design trends
- Present and communicate your work in critiques and stakeholder meetings
- Help to inspire and inform a design culture across the company
- Own and evolve our brand style guide
Skills and experience
- 2+ years relevant work experience on a communication/brand design team or agency
- Portfolio of relevant past work that demonstrates the skills required for this position
- Comfortable collaborating with diverse teams in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience owning projects from start to finish
- Outstanding time management and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Mastery of design tools like Figma and Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign) — how we use Figma
- Experience designing for both web and mobile
- A strong foundation in visual design, typography, layout, grid systems, and concept discovery
- Proficiency in Apple Keynote, Microsoft Office, or Google Docs
- Obsessive attention to even the smallest of details
- (BONUS) Comfortable writing HTML/CSS for web design — how we built our website
- (BONUS) Experience creating motion graphics and animation