We're fixing the student debt crisis with an innovative, yet simple solution. Join us as the first product designer at a fast growing company!
Who We Are
LeverEdge uses group buying power to negotiate down student loan interest rates. Put simply, we gather demand from students seeking loans, pitch the aggregate portfolio to lenders, and entice them to compete for exclusive access to the group.
In one year of operation, we have helped thousands of students with over $100M in graduate student loans, saving students more than $20M in interest and fees. On top of that, we're profitable and growing. See what the Boston Globe and WSJ have to say.
As a Product Designer, you will have the opportunity to use design and research to elevate LeverEdge customer experience from end to end. You will collaborate with engineering and marketing to deliver delightful experiences to our borrowers, lending partners, and internal users. Your role at LeverEdge:
- Manage the end to end of the user experience design process. From conducting initial research, whiteboarding solutions, to creating final designs to hand off to the developer
- Keeping the user at the center of the design process, use research methods to uncover user’s needs and help refine the product requirements. Communicate findings across the team.
- Push back and question requirements if they don’t match user needs
- Iterate quickly and frequently to reach a final design solution.
- Validate new user flows by conducting usability testing at all stages of design
- Proactively find solutions, new ideas, and overlooked opportunities
- Embrace the fast paced and ambiguous nature of the startup to solve real problems
3+ years of product/UX design experience including responsive design, preferably including time at an early-stage startup
A good understanding of visual design principles
Expertise in Sketch or Figma
Expertise in Principle, Framer or Invision
Practical understanding of front-end programming to clearly communicate with engineers
Self-starter who proactively seeks ways to make the LeverEdge experience both visually appealing and easy to use
When applying, include a portfolio demonstrating your experience delivering end to end designs. Preferably, include any artifacts or stories that highlight your design process from concept to solution.