Director of UX
Egnyte’s secure content platform provides the foundation for thousands of businesses and millions of users to create content, collaborate with colleagues and partners, and protect their data. As the Director of UX, you will lead our talented UX team and drive the design vision for all Egnyte products. You will shape the design culture, product vision, design quality, and cross-functional relationships to promote design thinking and user-centered design. You will mentor the designers on your team, enhance the design process, and help to ensure a high-performing design team.
The Egnyte product is complex and spans web, mobile, desktop, server, and administrative tools. We need a design leader who can cut through the complexity and build applications that are a joy to use.
Our designers are split between California, Poland, and the Ukraine. You will guide and mentor this global design team and build it to meet Egnyte’s growing needs. Our design team thrives on customer feedback, iterative design, user testing, and a close relationship with product managers, engineers, marketing experts, and customer success professionals. You will lead this team as the most senior product design leader at Egnyte.
What you can expect to work on:
- Lead, manage, and mentor the design team. Shape the design culture to help the design team continue to grow with a unique and healthy design vision, mission, and purpose.
- Define design strategy, information architecture, and style guides to drive an efficient, consistent and delightful user experience across channels.
- Collaborate with customers, product managers, and engineers to design new features and improve existing capabilities.
What you need to succeed:
- 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer
- 2+ years of experience as UX design leader
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- A Strong user experience design portfolio that demonstrates user experience design solutions for complex problems.
What we offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits for you and your family (low premiums and deductibles!)
- Flexible hours and responsible time off
- Gym, cell phone, and commute reimbursement
- Healthy lunches, breakfast, and bottomless snacks and beverages
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (Traditional and Roth)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Perks including discounted pet insurance, theme park tickets, travel, and more!
- Board games - you name it, we got it. Take a break and get to know other Egnyters!
- FREE Egnyte Lifetime Membership