Associate Design Director
We’re looking for Associate Design Director to help shape the creative vision for Edgar Allan. We’re a small group working at the intersection of the Brand Story and User Story to create digital products customers love.
What you’ll do:
Help us to continue building out a great design team here at EA. Set a design vision for each project along with the ability to delegate activities to the team. Design some awesome digital things, present some awesome digital things, build some awesome digital things. Repeat.
What we’ll do:
Blocking and tackling to make sure quality design is the team’s focus.
- 6+ years of digital design experience
- Strong layout and design principles with typography, composition and color
- Ability to go beyond the ask and deliver top notch work while mentoring designers
- A good attitude! Being able to keep a cool head when shit starts flying is key to making what we do fun, day in and out.
- Proficiency/openness to various layout tools, we work mainly in Figma, which is a lot like Sketch (we ditched photoshop a while ago)
- Ability to package and present work to clients
- An understanding of responsive web best practices
- All the other office stuff, can you read emails and log time and what not?
You like branding? We don’t do a ton, but we do it. Nice to be able to dance in both digital and print worlds.
Knowledge of HTML and how the internet is built a super-duper plus. (We are big on Webflow)