Our client is a premier tire distributor – a national industry leader.
The Creative Director will be responsible for building and driving the customer's digital journey across their B2B and B2C platform, partnering with Marketing and eCommerce teams to assure the customers’ journey throughout the experience is continually optimized.
In dual capacity, the Creative Director will also lead and manage the brand's corporate creative and brand strategy, including brand awareness.
This position will manage the Creative Design team to both deliver high quality creative work and also develop systems, policies and protocols to support the team's key operating principles of efficiency, consistency and agility including setting business goals, prioritizing work, allocating resources (including outsourcing), evaluating staff performance and managing creative agency vendors supporting the brand.
The Creative Director will steward the customer experience across the organization by understanding the voice of the customer.
This position is part of the leadership team and as such the individual is expected to lead by example and create a high-performing environment and help drive the teams to meet their collective business and strategic goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead a company-wide customer experience program; own touch-points throughout the customer lifecycle that deliver a seamless consistent experience
- Build and manage a usability testing team to identify opportunities for improving the user experience with existing tools and best practices
- Build and document brand guidelines across digital properties
- Create and manage brand strategy and voice; own brand positioning, messaging, and design
- Establish the Creative Team as the creative owners of the brand across marketing programs, web properties, and internal communications
- Establish a creative intake and delivery processes
- Establish proactive creative resource planning to successfully identify and support marketing asset deliverables/requirements
- Develop core Marketing content templates and imagery to support the use of creative assets for all brand initiatives
- Establish a long-term creative strategy to enable brand consistency and operational efficiency
- Develop trusted relationships across the organization to ensure collaboration to support the brand and customer experience initiatives
- Manage all third-party vendors to meet brand standards
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large, diverse and geographically dispersed creative teams
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing and managing a long-term creative strategy on behalf of a corporate organization
- Superior program management experience and ability to manage multiple priorities with agility and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated business marketing acumen and its application to an organization
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the entire marketing awareness and demand generation process including market analysis, strategy development, implementation, and measurement.
- Thorough understanding of channel communications requirements for B2B, B2C, and B2E
- Team player 'can and will do' attitude
- A high degree of organizational and negotiation skills
- Strong capabilities to influence at multiple levels, build collaborative relationships and gain support for programs in a matrixed organization
- A direct and mature approach to open communication
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking and creative marketing skills
- Results-oriented and self-motivated personality
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- A style that promotes respect, credibility, and trust throughout the organization
- Good understanding of financial analysis and statements
- 10+ years of work experience in corporate or agency creative/production/ resources department
- 8+ years of managerial experience of a Creative organization within a complex organization
- Strong financial acuity; ability to manipulate financial levers to accomplish goals
- Prior P&L responsibility desirable
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience