Product Design Lead
All about these Boxed Boxes!
Boxed was launched in our CEO’s garage in 2013 by our four founders; an eclectic group of experienced tech pioneers. They had a simple idea: to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient and fun. Today, we deliver a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. We work out of our corporate headquarters in New York City, another corporate office in San Mateo, and our three fulfillment centers serving the country from New Jersey, Nevada and Texas.
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who we are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
The Product Design Lead will help build and manage the product design team and have a strong partnership with the product, engineering and creative teams to ideate, design and implement smart, beautiful and engaging user experiences across platforms.
- help build and lead the product design team
- manage and maintain our design system, style guide and tool kit
- partner with product managers and data science to research, concept and design innovative new features and tests
- play an integral role in ongoing user experience optimization and redesign efforts
- create UX wireframes and functional prototypes
- moderate user interviews and user tests; organize and apply those learnings
- 5-7 years practical experience as a product designer in an eCommerce or consumer-facing environment, including 2-3 years as product design lead/manager
- strategic problem-solving, design process, and project management skills
- passion for the latest product design patterns, guidelines, best practices and trends
- expert knowledge of product design tools (we use Sketch → Invision → Zeplin)
- experience in human-centered design methods, including user research and analysis, storytelling and storyboarding skills, user testing and prototyping
- excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
- degree in design, cognitive science, human computer interaction, fine arts, communications, or equivalent experience
- experience with iOS and Android app design
- animation/interaction design capabilities
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!