Senior Visual Designer
Hook is a digital creative agency that exists to make technology more accessible to brands and their audiences. We are a team of dedicated developers, motion artists, designers, producers, and creatives who are passionate about our work and believe you will be too!
Check out more of what we do at byhook.com
Senior Visual Designers are both master-level designers and skilled storytellers that use design to bring ideas to life. They are driven experts with a passion for making premium, ground-breaking work and commitment to fostering the talents of the employees they help manage. They are fearless leaders that elevate projects into uncharted creative territories without hesitation. They’re design fundamentalists, but approach projects with rational and innovative mindsets, always mindful of how it looks and how it works.
Senior Visual Designers are ready for hands-on projects at every stage of the lifecycle, from brainstorming creative concepts with the project team and developing original campaigns, to participating in client presentations and ensuring deadlines are met, all the way to launch.
- Execute and manage original, persuasive, conceptual and visually compelling design work in line with agency standards.
- Inspire and provide mentorship to Designers and Junior Design staff toward the goal of accelerating skill progression through a culture of collaboration, new ways of thinking and knowledge sharing.
- Work with Creative and Design Directors to ensure design work exceeds client expectations.
- Maintain and promote an internal awareness of industry design trends and standards with a strong focus on processes and tools.
- Inspires a positive creative culture by projecting a sense of ownership that elevates the standards and quality of all work achieved by the Design department.
- Demonstrate an ability to juggle multiple projects at the same time while maintaining clear vision of priorities, overseeing larger team of designers and making sure everything is pixel perfect before facing the client.
- Has a strong background, with 5-7 years’ cutting edge creative work, and a master-level understanding of design, including typography and layout at least some in an agency environment.
- Has outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Is a master of Photoshop and Illustrator, proficient in Sketch, as well as emerging interactive design trends (Knowledge of After Effects and Cinema 4d a plus ).
- Can lead a team and mentor junior team members.Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Qualified applicants should include a resume, a portfolio of visually stunning work and a statement of interest that lets us learn a little more about you!
This is a full-time position at our Los Angeles office. We're a close-knit group of people who love the internet and want to create phenomenal work. Company benefits include health, dental, matching 401k, paid vacation and holidays, and more.