FrontEnd Web Content & Design Developer
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Marketing & Communications is seeking a Front-End Web Content & Design Developer to build, maintain, and expand UI Health Care’s varied web properties through impactful content, with a focus on user experience and design. This role serves as a liaison between web development, web content editors, graphic designers, and external requesting clients.
Duties to include:
- Assist in the regular content updating and fidelity checks of our varied web properties. Work with an eye towards deadlines and priorities as defined within the organization.
- Provide guidance and aid in the UI and UX of our web properties. Works to expand the varied content presentation opportunities throughout our websites.
- Collaborate in the workflow of designing new features and functionality, and delivers flat designs, with the aid of the graphic designers, to the web development team for implementation.
- Curates, and presents web content using identified best practices for audience engagement and retention.
- Collaborates with the team around best practices for understanding web metrics associated with content consumption and engagement.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on content projects that include web.
- Other duties as assigned.
Percent of Time: 100%
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, web design, or relevant field, or equivalent amount of education and experience.
- Minimum 6 months experience in a communication, or web content role.
- Experience with web design framework concepts and wireframing.
- An inquisitive, collaborative individual with a strong sense of working towards goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Drupal or another best-in-class web CMS’s expected.
- Comfortable with basic HTML and CSS concepts.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suites, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- A strong aesthetic eye and understanding of core UI and UX principles.
- Knowledge, and experience with web analytics software, Google Analytics preferred.
- Experience in health care, academics or large, complex organization.
- AP Style competency and experience preferred.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume and cover letter that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on 10/24/2019.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.