Senior Product Designer
Air is a productivity tool focused on media management. Creative teams love our product because it helps them capture and organize the photos and videos that drive their business. On Air, image recognition and color search create structure where needed and flexible workflow tools support creativity and conversation. Our goal is to align your content with the way you work: in a time crunch and on the go.
You are a passionate, bold product designer with a history of shipping beautiful digital products to customers. You love working collaboratively with design, product, and engineering. You thrive in fast-paced, unstructured environments that require you to wear many hats and think on your feet. You’re excited about managing and mentoring. You’re independent, you lead by example, and you’re obsessed with building great products and teams.
We're seeking an experienced product designer to join our team
You’ll join a small, fast-moving product team, working directly with our CTO, engineers, and visual designer. You'll work collaboratively each day to execute on our product roadmap. You'll conduct user research, build prototypes, deliver polished screens, and oversee their pixel-perfect execution all the way to production. You will manage more junior designers and help grow the design team over time.
This is a senior role. You’ll be expected to drive the design process and defend your ideas, but also have the experience to know that the best results are delivered through constructive discussion and iterations.
- 5+ years of design experience, working on production applications with real-world users
- Experience collaborating with designers, engineers, and product managers
- Proven understanding of the end-to-end design process, including research, prototyping, usability testing
- Experience building and maintaining a reusable design system
- Able to provide samples of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, strong visual design, and solid information architecture
- Strong visual and typographic sensibility
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- A positive attitude, a sense of humor and a desire to build accessible products for all users
The best way to understand Air is to play with the product: www.aircamera.com
The company was founded in 2017 by Shane Hegde and Tyler Strand who met at Stanford University. Our team includes strategic investors from the media world (Lerer Hippeau Ventures, WndrCo, Advancit Capital, Redsea Ventures) and engineers who have built products for some of the largest tech companies (Facebook, Snapchat, Microsoft, Amazon). Today, all 12 of us work together in our Brooklyn warehouse to service hundreds of creative teams.
Our company culture was built around a a tireless pursuit to be the best at what we do. We're entrepreneurial and focused: tackling problems head on without ego. We communicate with empathy. We speak directly, listen thoughtfully, and ask questions.
How to Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be sure to share any materials that help us get to know you better, such as your LinkedIn profile, resume, portfolio.
- Keep your application short and sweet!