Senior Product Designer
We are looking to hire a Senior Product Designer focused on developing experiences across native, web, and mobile-web business applications. Reporting to the VP of Product, and working onsite among a team of passionate colleagues in our Carlsbad office, you will be involved in shaping the future of our company.
In this role, you will face user experience, design, and innovation challenges as you seek to find the optimal balance between the needs of Raken and the needs of our users. You are always asking questions to learn more about the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ of the world. You are a natural leader and take ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
We’re open to designers joining us at multiple levels, and are dedicated to a transparent interview process. If selected for an interview, we will have a candid discussion to assess which level you would thrive in most at Raken.
Why Join Raken?
- Raken is a rapidly growing startup based in Carlsbad, California
- We have won numerous awards including being named a 'COOL Company' by San Diego Venture Group as well as one of San Diego's 'Most Innovative Products' and 'Best Places to Work'
- We are disrupting a 7,000-year-old industry and recently raised a Series A with some of the most respected investors in The Valley. This position offers phenomenal benefits (including employer-sponsored health, dental and vision), and unlimited growth potential. You’ll be a critical part of our team, working in our offices right on the Pacific Ocean
- Our Culture is Top Priority - We have a hard-working team that loves to make a significant positive impact and have fun while doing it
What You'll Gain
Raken is a growing company, and you’d be coming in early-on. That means your work will have immediate, high visible impact on our products, our users, and our team. Raken’s offices are modern, stocked with top-of-the-line equipment and software, and you will have access to a number of company perks like our onsite gym, 11+ paid holidays, and untracked time off. You will have the chance to contribute to the evolution of a world class design team and all our product areas. You will also have the chance to positively impact the lives of the 180 million+ construction workers worldwide.Role Responsibilities
- Partner with product management, UX research, marketing, and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys for Raken’s products. Together you will find balanced and creative solutions to Raken’s most pressing needs.
- Illustrate and communicate complex solutions by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups.
- Participate and execute research, user testing, and market analysis, to create a truly user-centered experience.
- Collaborate with your design peers on an ever-evolving design system across Web, Native, and Mobile Web interfaces.
- Maintain detailed design documentation utilizing tools like Sketch libraries, Invision, Protopie, and Confluence.
- Partner with the VP of Product and your design peers to define long term design vision, and distill that vision into an executable plan.
- 3+ years experience designing consumer or B2B experiences.
- Experience designing for users across iOS, Android and web applications.
- Self-starter who is creative, results-driven, human-centric, and pays attention to details.
- A portfolio or prior work demonstrating a passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centric designs.
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively to influence peers and leaders.
- Can balance high standards for design within a lean, ship-fast environment.
- Fluent in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Has an eye for shape, color, layout, hierarchy, typography and micro-interactions.
- Experience designing for B2B mobile applications
- Experience contributing to and working inside of a design system
- Previous experience or institutional knowledge of the construction industry
- Experience with motion design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Principle, InVision, and Framer, and Protopie.
- Employer Sponsored Medical (99% covered) Dental, Vision
- Generous PTO, including 11 Paid Holidays
- Free on-site gym membership / classes
- Company Provided MacBook Air and Varidesk Stand-Up Desk
- Walking distance to the beach
- Free use of surfboards and bikes on-site
- On-site Coffee Bar
- Monthly Social Events
About Raken, Inc.:
Raken is a cloud-based, mobile, collaboration platform for the construction industry. We enable construction field workers and office personnel to report and communicate more effectively & efficiently. We work with Commercial, Residential, and Specialty Contractors of all shapes and sizes; including many of the largest construction companies in the world.