Founded in 2009, Dribbble is the top global community for designers and creative professionals and a destination for inspiration for tens of millions. Dribbble is building the world’s best platform for designers and creative professionals to gain inspiration, feedback, education, community, and job opportunities.
We are helping the world’s design talent share their creations and get hired. A top 1,000 website in the world, Dribbble is the world’s #1 resource for discovering and connecting with designers and creative talent around the globe and helps some of the world’s best design-forward companies including Apple, Airbnb, IDEO, Facebook, Google, Dropbox, Slack, Shopify, Lyft get exposure for their design teams and to help them hire expert creatives.
We’re looking for a mid-level Designer to join our remotely distributed team. We are searching for someone with a passion for Dribbble and is able to work collaboratively across our product and marketing teams. Our team is responsible for the current and future aesthetic of everything that comes out of Dribbble— you will play a vital part in that process. The Designer will be responsible for keeping the needs of the business in mind while serving up exceptional design experiences. That means knowing the community inside and out, communicating user needs to the rest of the team, crafting a consistent look and feel, and generally approaching design problems with thoughtful energy.
You’ll succeed in this role if you love to design across a variety of disciplines from product, to marketing, to production work—you love all things design; you think conceptually; you have a basic understanding of the technical implications of design decisions; you are collaborative and process-driven.
- Collaborating with the design team to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, marketing direction, visuals and experience.
- Collecting requirements from project stakeholders about design requirements.
- Producing sketches and sample designs for exploration.
- When required, liaising with sales, marketing and product departments.
- Working together with our communications team on marketing and promotional material
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final integration
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Eliciting constructive feedback and interpreting that feedback into design solutions.
- Presenting designs, samples and final work to stakeholders for evaluation
- Great visual chops and a focus on simple, clear, responsive UI.
- Proficiency in Figma a plus
- Ability to sketch ideas quickly and iterate.
- Ownership: the Dribbble community will depend on you to deliver a quality experience.
- You feel responsible for creating an excellent, end-to-end platform that supports the needs of our users.
- An interest in exploration: you think about what to build now and what to build in the future.
- You've worked remote or want to give it a shot.
- You're a member of Dribbble and have been active in the community.
Why you want to work here:
At Dribbble, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Dribbble team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- Work from anywhere. We are a 100% distributed team - no need to relocate to work for us.
- Build your dream schedule: We trust you to set your own schedule to meet the needs of your team and project.
- Stay healthy. Fully paid medical and dental insurance for you and your family - and a work-life balance that puts your mental health first.
- Unplug. Unlimited paid-time-off so you can relax and recharge.
- Bonus holidays: We observe both American and Canadian Federal holidays company-wide!
- Pro tools. MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do your best work.
- Get your learn on. We cover books, conferences, courses… get smarter!
- Family first. We offer 3 months paid parental leave for US employees, and EI parental leave top ups for Canadian employees when your family grows.
- Stay focused: We’re meeting-free on Thursdays and Fridays
- Perk up. Feel good about treating yourself to a latte or two with your monthly coffee bonus. Now you’re not just loitering at coffee shops!
- Buff up. Everyone needs to get away from the desk sometimes. We cover gym and exercise reimbursements so that you can stay fit.
- Save up. Put pre-tax savings into a 401k or RRSP. You’ll appreciate it later.
- Hang out. We get our team together for some quality face-to-face time a few times a year. Each time we meet up in a different city around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.