Product Design Lead
About the Company:
OnSIP® delivers real-time communications services to over 60,000 users. Our mission is to power human to human conversation by enabling providing best-in-class experience, service, and value. Our new product, sayso, is about disrupting phone trees and chatbots to help empower businesses to have authentic, human conversations with their customers.
The product development team is a small, friendly, close-knit team who work in a very collaborative and agile fashion.
We believe that great products are driven by sound user-centric design, and we’re hunting for a truly creative UX / UI designer, someone who can marry UX with creative, story-driven design.
This is a senior role – you’ll be expected to drive forward thinking and defend your ideas, but also have the experience to know that the best results are delivered through constructive discussion and iterations.
About the Role:
The Product Design Lead will report to the Director of Product to lead and deliver on exceptional product designs.
Who You Are:
- You are an exceptional designer with significant experience designing for web and mobile.
- You thrive in start-up environments. You love moving fast, wearing lots of hats, and aren’t afraid to take ownership and experiment.
- You practice empathy and can put yourself not only in the shoes of other users, but of your teammates.
As UX/UI Design Lead you’ll be expected to:
- Set the design agenda for the digital experience and maintain a user-centered focus - the interface you design will touch tens of thousands of people.
- Collaborate closely with other teams and colleagues to create annotated wireframes (low + high fidelity and everything in between).
- Create visuals for the product interfaces that will not just meet, but go beyond client and prospect needs to drive site satisfaction and site conversion.
- Understand the OnSIP brand, who we are and what we stand for, and look to communicate that through your endeavors. Follow and build upon existing design principles and guidance.
- Be the advocate for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions and best practices (e.g., responsive, accessibility).
- Understand and incorporate insight to constantly improve journeys and task completion for different types of users
- Evolve design thinking in teams and show how we can use digital to differentiate OnSIP to provide a best in class experience.
- Have a strong understanding and vision for what ‘great’ looks like for OnSIP, including how to improve e-com metrics on the site.
- Mentor and work closely with other designers.
- 4+ years of design experience, preferably working on a product, or another environment blending UX and business decisions
- Demonstrates understanding of the end-to-end design process, including research and usability testing
- Experience creating a design language, implementing design systems, and maintaining design patterns/libraries
- Able to provide samples of work that show complex and creative UX solutions, strong visual design, and solid information architecture
- Strong visual and typographic sensibility
- Excellent verbal communication skills and ability to soundly discuss design decisions.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated with a passion for pixel perfection, consistency, organization, usability, and discoverability.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Experience in the VOIP space