UI/UX Senior Product Designer
UI/UX Sr. Product Designer
Ford Motor Company, Product Development, Design
Location: Dearborn MI, Irvine CA, Palo Alto CA OR will consider remote home based work
Job Description & Qualifications
We are looking for an exceptional UI/UX Sr. Product Designer. Do you find yourself obsessing over the latest interactive design trends and technologies? Do you find it easy to paint the big picture in addition to getting your hands dirty in the details? We are looking for a talented designer to create compelling and thoughtful in-vehicle user experiences. You have a keen eye for clean and artful design; your superior UI skills allow you to translate high-level requirements into high-fidelity design artifacts. You like to communicate your ideas with pixel perfect clarity, therefore you prefer to breathe life into your designs by way of prototyping and interactive models.
We recognize the need for agility, and are looking for someone who moves fast and thinks faster. Engage, collaborate, and innovate in a fast growing department. Be part of the future of transportation and mobility digital touchpoints.
- Visually express brand vision and definition through user interface design for in-vehicle experiences
- Apply a keen sensibility around layout, color, typography and behavior in expressing design executions
- Exhibit passion for emerging technologies, new interaction models, product design, and excellence in visual design
- Execute UX vision utilizing motion and prototypes as a primary means of delivery
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and organization skills
- Ability to balance work within a fluid creative design environment and with tight timelines & engineering frameworks
- Coordinate interface solutions with Program Managers and Product Managers for specific assignments
- Utilize software skills in latest versions of Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision Cloud, Invision DSM and UX prototyping tools
- Employ a systematic approach to solving large, complex design challenges
- Pivot mindset from creative-thinker to production mindset to expose implementation efficiencies and reduce design debt
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment. Be open and willing to collaborate with a diverse set of digital designers
Please include a link to your portfolio and demo reel in your resume.
- Bachelor's degree in Interactive design, Communication/Graphic Design, UX Design or related field
- 3+ years of professional UX/UI Product Design experience OR in lieu of professional work experience, an advanced design degree
- Exceptional visual design skills with sensitivity to intelligent system interactions
- Prototyping abilities (e.g. Invision, Flinto, Framer, HTML/CCS, After Effects)
- Versed in Human-Centered design thinking approach, techniques and philosophy
- Automotive UI/HMI experience is preferred, candidates that have strong creative work experience in digital product design solutions are a fit
- Excellent written, oral and visual communication skills
- Current with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
The distance between imagination and … creation. It can be measured in years of innovation, or in moments of brilliance. When you join the Ford team discover all the benefits, rewards and development opportunities you’d expect from a diverse global leader. You’ll become part of a team that is already leading the way, with ingenious solutions and attainable products –and it is always ready to go further.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Ford Motor Company and Agency positions are available in both Dearborn, MI and Irvine, CA studios.
Ford Motor Company is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status