UX/UI Lead Designer
Sp1ndle is a rapidly growing digital sourcing platform start-up with a vision to digitize and automate the world’s industrial manufacturing capabilities. Sp1ndle utilizes a custom-built, smart software platform to aggregate machining capacity and capabilities to drive intelligent and real-time sub-contracting of machined components globally for large companies.
As an automated supply chain company, Sp1ndle leverages excess global production capacity. We specifically serve industry sectors that need tight tolerance machined parts including aerospace, oil & gas, defense, electrical power, and process. Our platform works from distributed excess capacity and distributed just-in-time demand and employs user-friendly software to create cost-effective, on-time transactions, working toward building the world’s largest virtual factory.
Our entrepreneurial and agile teams make quick decisions with short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of speed, real-talk and growth & learning. We like big brains tied to obsessive doers that work well in a team environment. We are searching for a UX-UI designer who will lead the design of our enterprise software platform. Come help us win.
Three different company types will use our platform, and across those company types you will encounter over six user roles. We don’t care what specific UX – UI methodologies you bring to bear as long as user-centered design remains the foundation of your work.
In broad strokes, you will:
- Participate in strategic and tactical decision-making re: feature-function prioritization;
- Conduct primary research with users (e.g., interviews, shadowing, document analysis);
- Plan user experiences;
- Map-out flows and interaction models;
- Lead the refinement of platform information architecture;
- Review/refine user requirements in conjunction with our project and product leads;
- Design screen-based workflows, wireframes, and final high-fidelity UIs;
- Develop and maintain one or more click through prototypes;
- Conduct prototype testing and then iterate on your design; and
- Establish/track empirical measurement of user behavior.
The ideal candidate will look at this as an opportunity to build world-class software product, or more precisely, a platform comprised of several related but separate product functions. We want someone with the passion to design, launch, and refine; then do it all over again as we expand our services.
This position reports to the product and tech lead at Sp1ndle. We’ve enumerated essential duties and responsibilities below. Other duties may get assigned.
- Rethink the overall interaction model for the platform by conducting research and iterating on design concepts
- Collaborate with Operations Project Management, the Supplier Team, and the Sales Team as well as your tech colleagues to define and implement new platform modules and features
- Conceptualizes original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to design roadblocks
- Execute all visual design stages from concept through software engineering to the point of final QA and deployment approval
- Create UX maps, storyboards, process flows, user flows, wireframes, and clickable prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present/defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research, test, evaluate feedback, and establish/track user engagement metrics
- Establish and promote design guidelines and best practices
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure the platform continuously improves
- Work under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment
- Formal training in both UX and UI, with a toolkit of different problem-solving and design techniques
- 5 years of software design experience with a focus on process automation and simplification, preferably for large enterprise and or industrial business processes
- 3 or more years of UX and UI experience with enterprise software applications
- UX – UI problem-solving toolkit and advanced visual design capabilities (required)
- Portfolio of UX-UI and graphics design work along with references (required)
- Proficiency with UX-Pin, InVisionApp, Sketch, the Adobe design suite, and or equivalent tools and services for creating click-through prototypes (required)