ESSENCE OF THE ROLE
My client in Midtown Manhattan is looking for a Product Designer to join their Product team. They will be an integral part of evolving their platform in a responsive framework as well as creating ongoing new features and improvements based on research and user validation. They should be energized by collaboration and always striving to stay ahead of design trends and best practices. They should have a keen attention to detail and care about using design to make the world (and our customers’ experience) a better place. This role reports to the User Experience Director.
- Work collaboratively with product owners, UX Director and stakeholders to conceptualize and design solutions that improve and develop the product experience
- Conduct competitive and comparative research when developing new features
- Wireframe new concepts and create user flows of complex interactions
- Create interactive prototypes of design solutions for user validation
- Plan and conduct usability testing to validate designs and ensure solutions are effective, intuitive and usable and iterate design based on the results
- Create high-fidelity designs of features that include all states and variables that interactions must support
- Create technical specifications to hand off to development team
- Work closely with developers to ensure designs are implemented with pixel perfect accuracy
- Conduct QA of designs and projects
- Maintain and improve our responsive pattern library
- Strategic Thinker: You think about solutions from all perspectives considering the business and user needs as well as technical feasibility.
- Communicator: You can communicate your interactive design concepts to product owners as well as developers and find a balance between defending your vision and finding alternative solutions when needed.
- Humility: You can take critiques of your work well and respond to feedback thoughtfully without offense. You constantly strive to improve your skills, knowledge and personal development.
EXPERIENCE Ideal candidates must have:
- 3-5 years working as a product designer, UX designer, interaction designer, or web designer
- A working knowledge and use of design pattern libraries and frameworks
- Experience working on responsive sites that look great across multiple devices
- Has expert skills with Figma, Sketch or equivalent design software
- Ability to take a user-centered design approach to solve problems
- Experience documenting functional requirements and design specs
- Experience working directly with developers
- Must be able to share an online portfolio
Nice to have:
- Prototyping capabilities using Axure or similar software
- Experience planning and conducting usability tests
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefit
- Work from home a couple days a week - coordinated with manager.