Matterport is a 3D immersive media SaaS company that makes it easy for anyone to quickly and inexpensively create digital 3D models of any physical space. Our 3D immersive media platform is used across many industries to improve how people make decisions about properties. It improves the way people experience and visualize physical spaces making it fun and practical for users to move through real world spaces as if they were there. We are the world leader in the category we invented, having built digital twins of over 2 million properties so far!
Beginning in residential real estate, where 8% of all homes sold in the US last year had a Matterport 3D tour, the company has changed how people experience physical spaces. Our product offering is selling exponentially in new markets: apartment and vacation rentals, hotels, event venues, insurance, retail environments, as well as in architecture, engineering, and construction.
With funding from a group of stellar VCs and investors, we are changing the way we all see the world!
About You & The Role
You are a great design team leader, systems-level design thinker, and visionary - with strong instincts and outstanding intuition. Our ideal candidate has an uncanny sense for clean design, is a fierce advocate for the user, and is committed to creating elegantly simple user experiences from otherwise complex workflows.
- Own end-to-end design problems across multiple products, from understanding users, to pushing our thinking with a variety of options, to designing the detailed workflows and interfaces.
- Apply your passion for brand and craftsmanship to guide design processes, mentor talented members of the team, and collaborate with product and engineering teams to create innovative experiences.
- Define, implement and manage design rhythms, tools, methodologies and best practices.
- Work across organizational boundaries to define, manage and prioritize work, with a focus on collaboration.
- 10+ years of experience in user research and product design with a strong portfolio
- Experience with consumer-facing product design
- Experience in iterative software design and delivery methodologies
- Effective communicator (verbal & written) across different organizational levels
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload with multiple deadlines with an appropriate sense of urgencyHighly organized in dealing with multiple tasks with fanatical attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to think steps ahead
- A team player with the ability to solicit constructive feedback and criticism for designs