Interactive Designer, Advertising
Our advertising business is grounded on the belief that a new type of ad exchange is needed, one that uses AI to understand the full content of any digital screen. Leading brands in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific trust us to deliver contextually relevant ads in and around brand-safe content where user attention is focused.
Our Design team produces custom, cutting-edge, interactive experiences for millions of users across the Internet for desktop computers, tablets and mobile devices. From our patented In-Image ad units to creative, off-the-wall video lightboxes, our designers have no shortage of opportunities to sink their teeth into exciting, boundary-pushing projects. We build web animations, motion design, graphic UIs, videos, presentation materials and everything in between.
GumGum is looking to bring on a locally-based and awesome creative Interactive Designer. You would be creating web-based ads. If you are versatile, like fast-paced, high-visibility projects then you’ll find our atmosphere very rewarding. We are on the cutting edge of online-advertising and your concepts could easily end up in front of millions of users across the web and mobile devices.
Projects you’ve probably worked on include web animations, banner ads, web/mobile design and animation.
- Animate and design our In-Image and In-Screen media campaigns in Tumult Hype
- Develop mock digital creatives to support the sales team
- Integrate a clean aesthetic and smooth timing across internal and external materials, including but not limited to, our company website, sales mockups, presentations, and promotional material
- BFA in a relatable field or equivalent work history
- 2+ years of design and animation experience with a design studio, agency or digital media company
- A demo reel or portfolio of animation samples in After Effects, Flash, Hype or equivalent
- A clean visual aesthetic
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly in Photoshop and After Effects)
- Aware of current trends in UI and UX in both the browser and mobile spaces
- Some working knowledge of 3D
- A sense of humor
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare and dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program
- Paid parental leave
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Commuter perks
- Stocked kitchen & Everytable Smartfridge
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies!
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Located in hotbed of tech startups, just blocks from the beach
Career & Personal Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/health/person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award, and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and o-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum