Illustrator & Brand Designer
We've all had that horrible experience where we buy a product online, and for months we keep seeing the same retargeting ad over and over again everywhere we go. Let's face it, retargeting has become incredibly annoying. As marketers prepare for the wave of digitally native consumers entering the market, we need a better approach.
At Shoelace, we believe it doesn't have to be this way. We believe that when done right, retargeting can be a memorable and engaging experience for consumers. *And* wildly profitable for brands. We call this Customer Journey Retargeting (CJR): a personalized approach to retargeting that shows the right ad to the right customer at the right time, based on where they are in the buying journey.
To learn more about CJR and our approach, check out: https://shoelace.docsend.com/view/y4njthg
As the Brand Designer for Shoelace, you will become a primary driver of the visual identity of the brand by applying your unique interpretation of design to the personality of our brand. The work that you create alongside our marketing team will find its way into every end of our business, ranging from marketing resources to website to product design, as well as slidedeck pitches to our largest clients.
With your ability to both collaborate alongside key stakeholders on the team and work autonomously when needed, there will always be new opportunities for you to challenge yourself and develop your abilities as an illustrator and designer. Additionally, this is a unique opportunity to make a big splash! As a part of a startup with a growing sphere of influence, your work will be seen by thousands of merchants, thought-leaders, and investors in the direct-to-consumer space.
As a Brand Designer, you'll become an important figure in a growing team of enthusiastic minds - we hope you'll join us for the adventure!
• Develop compelling solutions through typography, design and illustration
• Ensure brand guidelines across print, web and all other materials are cohesive
• Design a number of projects across digital (web design, one-off landing pages, digital ads, etc.) and print (banners, event promotion, stationery, etc.)
• Able to create illustrations for both marketing and product
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Must have a portfolio link on resume
• Solid expertise in Illustrator, Photoshop, Unbounce, Sketch, Keynote, etc.
• Experience in the creation and application of design systems
• Creative thinker who is comfortable working independently and in a team environment. You are someone who embraces feedback, and have a constant desire to learn and grow
• Bonus points for After Effects expertise
Weekly team lunches, monthly crepe days, monthly board game nights, anniversary parties, annual Shoelace offsite (pictured "Camp Shoelace"), ping pong table, dart board, spike ball, book club, lunch & learns, fancy desk setup (MacBook, noise cancelling headphones, monitor, etc), amazing co-workers, and so much more!!!