Lead UX/Product Designer
Lead UX/Product Designer
InformedK12 transforms how district departments and school sites work through our workflow and reporting platform. Problems we tackle include helping principals hire the best teachers on time, managing bus routes for students without permanent housing, and ensuring teachers get reimbursed and paid properly. Our product needs to support hundreds of unique workflows and is used by people at all levels within a district - including superintendents, principals, teachers, school secretaries, custodians, and even parents.
We’re looking for a versatile researcher/designer to help drive the product vision for the Informed K12 platform. You will work closely with our customers and our product/ engineering team to deliver experiences and features that not only enable our users to operate their districts effectively but also bring joy and delight to an otherwise mundane part of their day.
You are expected to:
- Build true empathy towards our users– you’ll lead research initiatives to intimately understand our users and their day to day. You’ll dig into their motivations, incentive systems and their daily and long term goals. You’ll understand the environment in which they work and the systems they interact with.
- Translate insights into simple, engaging product experiences - you’ll brainstorm, design, and refine product concepts that solve our user’s most pressing needs.
- Be a user advocate within the company - you’ll work closely with engineers to make sure we are solving the right problems, and help the product team prioritize initiatives.
- Have a holistic understanding of product design and clearly communicate research findings and roadmap prioritization to engineers, leadership, and customers.
You get excited by:
- Working in a fast-paced environment where you most move and prioritize quickly but also build deep understanding.
- Designing for an underserved community.
- Designing experiences for users who have a variety of responsibilities and often must multitask on a wide variety of goals.
- Designing for a wide variety of stakeholders who have different needs and sometimes even conflicting needs and goals.
- Shaping the practice and process of design at a startup.
- Strong background in UX research and interaction design.
- Be able to start, organize, and manage a cross-functional project from concept to launch.
- Know when to leverage quantitative and qualitative research alike.
- Clear communicator who can articulate design decisions to both designers and non-designers.
- Exercise sound judgment and humility on when to advocate for and compromise on design decisions
- A strong portfolio showcasing your work, process, and impact
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS
- SaaS enterprise product experience