The Basement is an integrated agency. We study data to uncover market insights which enable strategic, targeted and effective marketing and advertising campaigns. We are built on hard work, an established process, and a creative, collaborative spirit. At the heart of this is a culture that supports a diverse, dynamic working environment promoting genuine work/life balance. Our goal is to build engaging brand experiences that contribute to client success while providing our team with the opportunity to grow as professionals and as people. If you’re ambitious, genuine, curious and competitive, we want to talk.
You’ve mastered the tools and now you want to elevate the quality of your work. Our culture fuses the power of creativity, collaboration and data to create results for our clients. Our motto of “Stay Fascinated” drives us to create the unprecedented and distill complex stories into delightful experiences. If you constantly seek ways to push your work from good to great, you will feel right at home at The Basement.
As an Art Director, you will join our growing creative team, reporting to the Executive Creative Director and collaborate closely with teammates throughout the agency to produce compelling content for our clients.
- Collaborate with the team to deliver concepts and ideas - big and small - that transcend the noise consumers are bombarded with every day
- Concept and design across a wide array of channels, including but not limited to: UX/UI, digital display campaigns, social media, video and animation projects
- Provide input during the creation of creative briefs
- Adhere to approved creative briefs and design to brand standards, tactics, specs and desired outcomes
- Elevate the quality of our client’s brands on a micro and macro level
- Conduct ongoing research of digital design best practices
- 3-5 years experience working at an advertising or marketing agency
- Advanced Adobe CS skills
- Capability to manage multiple project deliverables and deadlines at once
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure within a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration experience with multi-disciplined teams
- A portfolio that demonstrates expertise in digital design + a keen eye for detail
- Ability to interpret and apply existing brand guidelines
- Initiative and flexibility to step in when help is needed
- A passion for telling stories in compelling ways
- Ability to actively listen to direction and feedback
- Strong organizational skills
- Project management software experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Proven track record of delivering quality design/concepts within budget and schedule requirements
- Detailed understanding of integrated campaigns
- An eye for motion design and timing
- Passion for seeking out, learning and adapting to new technologies and platforms
- Motion graphics/animation experience
- Sketch and Invision experience
- Photography experience
- Working knowledge of video editing software
The Basement will provide a compensation and benefits package commensurate with the selected candidate’s experience. Benefits include health, dental and vision plans, a 401(k) plan with company match, along with paid holidays, vacation, volunteer and sick days.
All applicants must submit their cover letter, resume and a link to their portfolio. Resumes will not be considered without a cover letter. No phone calls, please.
The Basement is an equal opportunity employer.