We are 2ndKitchen
We empower any business to serve food using restaurants in their neighborhood. Whether it’s a brewery, hotel or other venue, any business can now offer a custom food menu without the hassles of operating their own kitchen. We are at the intersection of the next big revolution in the food delivery industry, and we are looking for engineers to help us build it!
We’re looking for a Product Designer who will take a key role on our product and engineering team. You will work closely with multiple functions within 2ndKitchen, such as product, engineering, customer success and sales – to understand what our customers love about our product design, and what we can improve. You will own our design process end to end, from ideation, to UI/UX prototyping, to developing interactive designs. You will guide, build and fully own our design process strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Own design explorations and executions that contribute to the design strategy and vision for 2ndKitchen
- Develop straightforward design approaches to complex design problems all while prioritizing seamless user journeys and end-to-end experiences for customers
- Think strategically for long-term impact while understanding and taking into account business and technical constraints
- Create wireframes, user flows, sitemaps and mockups to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Deliver clear prototypes that can be rapidly shared with key stakeholders and/or customers for user testing
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to cross-functional key stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with our engineering team throughout the entire design and development cycle. – Advocate for a scalable design system and effective design documentation.
- Understand the full design process, from ideation to mockups to development
- Understand agile methodology and apply this mindset to all aspects of your work
What we look for:
- 2-5 years of experience bringing digital products to life (ideally for e-commerce or startups)
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX, visual design, and development skills
- Able to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to key stakeholders—you can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions
- Able to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs
- Solid and up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web and mobile design
- Advanced competence in Photoshop/Sketch, Illustrator, InVision, and any other prototyping tools of your choice
- Experience with interactive and static SVGs and illustrations a plus
- Competitive salary
- Equity package
- 100% Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
Why should you join us?
This is an opportunity to join the company that is changing the face of the food service industry as we know it. We’re growing very quickly and are looking for passionate people to make a huge impact and be defining members of the team. This team is incredibly scrappy, hungry, collaborative, and we enjoy doing what we do every single day. We exclusively recruit people who embody our values and are obsessed with growth and delivering the best food experience possible.