Airkit began in 2017 when co-founders Adam Evans and Stephen Ehikian got fed up with frustrating customer experiences. They couldn’t understand why, in the age of big data, AI, cloud-computing, and connected products, their interactions with companies were so impersonal, reactive, and time-consuming.
Our team previously founded and built RelateIQ (sold to Salesforce in 2014). They’ve witnessed first-hand the evolution of the relationship between companies and customers. Everyone and everything are now connected, and customer expectations are soaring.
Located in Palo Alto, CA, our company is on a mission to empower companies to build experiences people love. We are looking for smart and ambitious individuals who want to help build a company from the ground up.
As to be expected in a fast moving start-up, the scope of this position will evolve continuously. Comfort with ambiguity is required. Below is a partial description of the important qualities we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Proven ability to design, develop, test, and improve software
- Comfort managing individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Track record of delivering thoughtful designs in a fast-paced environment
- Process flexibility; ability to work with engineering in fast iterative cycles
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, with experience making decisions balancing design principles, product metrics and engineering realities
- Strength in collaborating cross-functionally across engineering, design, and product
Have you ever dreamt of creating the most efficient conversational UI? Do you have an urge to build out the best WYSIWYG design studio? Do you thrive working with both Product & Engineering? Fancy working directly with your team’s CTO? You might have just found your future home!
As our Product Designer, you will own the end-to-end design of a platform that will make millions of customer interactions delightful. Your day-to-day will be an even mix of visual, UX, and product work, and you’ll work closely with the greater team and engineering department to understand and define our internal design standards and visual system build-out.
In this role, you will help drive and direct product development efforts across the organization, focusing on building our app authoring platform, while also influencing our overall product roadmap.
If you're a great candidate for this role, you probably...
- Previously championed the creation of a design system
- Shown proven success in a growing role with increasing responsibility
- Worked on complex Enterprise Software products (e.g., Slack, Stripe, Salesforce, Uber, Zendesk)
- Exhibited a high standard for design, shown through an impressive portfolio of work
Key Qualifications / Skills:
We are not going to ask you about your level of proficiency in Figma or Photoshop. We think a great candidate for this role will have a preferred set of tools that they have mastered over the years. If this speaks to you, we would love to meet!
Not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your experiences don’t perfectly align, but you think you’d be a great addition to our team, we’d still love to hear from you.
Airkit is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.