In-House: Graphic + Motion Designer
Do you love the smell of Photoshop in the morning?
Do you bookmark video ads on Instagram because they are visually on-point?
Does seeing a perfectly left-justified print ad using Helvetica in only two weights make your heart smile?
If, Yes, then you might be our newest creative team member
We're Over the Top Marketing and we're looking for an In-House Creative who is fluent in Graphic Design, Video Editing, and Motion Graphics. This role will have you wearing a few hats including Trucker, Baseball (kidding), but you will have to be well rounded Creative with a can-do attitude.
Here’s a little about us
Over the Top is a digital marketing agency that serves national franchises that are within health and beauty services. Our portfolio of clients includes The Joint Chiropractic, Amazing Lash Studio, and Modern Acupuncture. We are boutique in size (about 25 employees), but big in ambition. Plus we have a great work culture (for real).
A little about the job
This is a full-time position within our creative team. You will work with our Creative Director, Videographer, and Social Media Coordinators to make content that informs and delights.
What you will be doing
- Editor (DaVinci Resolve preferred, but Premiere Pro is ok )
- Assist in filming and photography in our in-house studio and on location
- Motion Graphics Designer: Create and use templates to produce “Supers” on video content. Including short-form social posts and video ads.
- Produce monthly social media creative using Typography and layout design skills e.g infographics, listicles, and Memes
- Produce Presentations Reports and Slides
- Produce Conference material e.g. banners and flyers
What we offer
- 20 days of paid time off and 9 paid holiday
- Competitive pay + Benefits
- Professional development scholarships
- Conference allowances
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Motorized adjustable standing (or sitting) desks
- Double monitors for sweet panoramic backgrounds
- A casual, fun, relaxed, and entertaining open office (nerf wars)
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance
Skills you must possess
- Experience with DSLR and PRO cameras
- Intermediate skills (300+hrs/ 2-3yr) with Adobe After Effects
- Intermediate skills (600+ hrs/ 3-4yr) of Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Davinci Resolve
- Advanced Skills (1000+ hrs/ 4-5+ yr) of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign combination
- Organization Skills (managing files, maintaining studio equipment)
- Fundamentals of Typography, Layouts, and Composition
- Expert understanding of communication design (creative that is legible and uses hierarchy)
- Eye for design (knowing what is on-trend and quality)
- Social Media Savvy
- You have to have a positive attitude. Everyone looks better with a smile, even Kanye (ok, maybe not Kanye)
- You have to be humble, know when to ask for help and when to help others
- You have to be hungry, know when to problem solve and master your own workflow
We are not looking for someone with all the answers, we are looking for someone with passion and grit. Meaning, you figure it out and make it happen.
While education is important, we understand that it’s not a fit for all Creatives. Therefore, the bulk of our hiring decision is based on your portfolio, experience, and interviewing process. You will also be expected to learn on the fly here. We have subscriptions to Creative learning platforms like Creative Live, SkillShare, and Master Class.
- Will I get to learn about Social Media and Digital Marketing? Yes, Lots.
- What are the hours? 9-6 with a 1hr lunch (normally, but this is also a salary position)
- The position comes with a 90-day probationary period
How to apply
You must provide the following to Careers@overthetop.com:
- A resume
- Yearly Salary Range (Do not apply without this)
- Link to an online portfolio, reel, Behance, Dribble ect Ideally with elements of Graphic Design, Editing, and Motion Graphics
- Your Hype Song and or Hobbies
- Your personal Instagram (we are @ottmarketing)
- Linkedin profile link