Verse is a vibrant, positive and forward-thinking team, working within the web design and digital content creation sector. We are focused on research driven design and user experience, supported by an outstanding technical capability.
We’re looking for an experienced, creative, forward-thinking and pro-active mid-level designer to join our experienced and talented creative team.
The ideal applicant will have agency experience alongside a good understanding or knowledge of the hospitality sector. You should be able to hit the ground running, adhering to stringent brand guidelines and be comfortable working through the entire design process from research through to final, top-level executed creative solutions.
As Mid-Weight Designer you will have meticulous eye for detail and a level of creativity that sets you out from the rest. You will be responsible for the design of a broad range of creative, from lo-fidelity wireframes through to fully fledged websites, landing pages, brand collateral, brand / campaign and social web assets, email creative, animated creative, proposals and presentations. You will work across multiple clients / brands that will require you to be proficient in the use of adobe creative suite. You will be able to work well under pressure, ensuring the highest standards are consistently achieved and all deadlines are met.
Interested applicants should have a passion for and knowledge of all things digital and web related, as well as an awareness of current and emerging trends & technologies.
Roles and responsibilities
- Have a solid knowledge of design and design principles
- Work according to stringent brand guidelines whilst providing refreshing design solutions
- Understand and deliver our internal design and research processes alongside your peers from inception through to final go-live
- Create stunning visuals that answer creative briefs within required timeframes
- Make sound, creative / design decisions
- Develop layouts/designs that support devised wireframes/templates
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team and clients on a range of design tasks
- Confident in dealing with clients, attending meetings and at ease with pitching concepts and discussing your workings
- Ability to keep up to date with new trends/developments in design
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Be a mentor to more junior team members / peers
Skills and Experience
- Educated with a relevant Design qualification
- Proven agency experience within a similar position
- Experience working with, adhering to and creating brand guidelines
- Experience in designing cutting-edge website creative, interfaces and/or digital campaigns (including banners / assets, animated creative, app creative, emails, proposals & presentations)
- Excellent understanding of Adobe Photoshop & After Effects. Knowledge of Illustrator and indesign advantageous.
- Experience of working with Adobe XD and / or Sketch beneficial, but not a prerequisite.
- Strong grasp of layout, typography, image and communication as a whole
- Organised and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of working with prototyping tools / software
- Experience in managing and prioritising multiple projects/tasks
- Knowledge / understanding of CMS’ and their limitations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of Design, Design Research and User Experience
This position will be based at our office in Birmingham and is expected to be full time to work 37.5 hours a week over 5 days. Our standard office hours are 8:30am to 5pm.
Salary: £22k - £25k per year
But that’s not all, we also have some lovely perks:
* Apple Mac
* Holiday allowance - 33 days including Bank Holidays
* Workplace pension scheme
* Free tea and coffee, squash, sometimes biscuits….
* Company provided Christmas & Summer party
* (Bi-)Monthly team social night
* £100 headphones budget once completed probation period
* Lots of lovely discounts with restaurants, shops, entertainment and leisure
* Healthcare Cash Plan
* Wellbeing Benefits Package through BHSF
* Beautiful modern office close in Birmingham City Centre
Closing date is midnight on Sunday, 20 October 2019.
First interviews will be held on the 22nd and 23rd October. Please pencil in your diary now.
Contract - Full-time Permanent