Animator / Motion Graphics Designer
Who We Are
***Winner for Best Agency Culture, Ad Age Small Agency Awards 2018***
Ready Set Rocket is an integrated agency committed to connecting brands and consumers through innovative multi-channel experiences. You can find our offices in New York City and Los Angeles.
We are a team of expert makers who collaborate closely and effectively to solve our client’s challenges. And it doesn’t stop there. We are relentless relationship builders, technological innovators and brand enthusiasts who continuously strive to improve and enhance our products and offerings to better serve our partners.
The Ideal Candidate
Ready Set Rocket is looking for an Animator / Motion Graphics Designer to bring brand stories to life through the use of motion design. The Motion Graphics Designer will be comfortable creating content for a wide variety of clients, including industry leaders in the fashion/retail, media/entertainment and financial services industries.
Our ideal candidate has a strong graphic design foundation including the understanding of typography in digital media, color and composition, and loves to stay ahead of trends in motion and visual effects. This person would have a strong sense of style and refined visual aesthetic, preferring a “less is more” approach to storytelling. Ideally, this person is is also comfortable capturing, editing and integrating live-action footage as well to bring ideas to life in a wide array of styles. The Motion Graphics Designer will be highly involved in the conceptualizing and storyboarding phases of projects as well, so a collaborative spirit and the ability to work well in teams is crucial.
- Collaborate with our creative and development teams to make visually compelling content
- Step into the storyboarding and graphic design process when needed
- Conceptualize and create content in a digital-first environment
- Produce supporting assets when necessary
- Take creative approaches to illustrating concepts
- Problem solve and take design feedback from clients and coworkers
- Optimize, organize and prepare files for web
- Work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Manage multiple projects at any given time
- Capture, edit and integrate live-action footage into motion pieces (bonus!)
- Build and render 3D scenes for use in motion (bonus!)
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least two years experience working with agencies or in agency setting
- A killer reel demonstrating serious AfterEffects and Adobe Creative Suite chops
- Understanding of different compression techniques and formats
- HTML5 experience a plus but not required
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized