Brand Design Lead
MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our best-in-class Design Team with an experienced Brand Design Lead to help us make the MessageBird domain more beautiful and easy to use than ever.
Design plays a crucial role in creating and packaging our communication tools at MessageBird. In order to separate ourselves from competitors and give our customers an experience they can’t get enough of, we depend on our Designers to innovate and optimise every element of our brand. Whether it’s product design or creating amazing storytellings through meaningful and powerful animations, our Design team is responsible for pushing it forward.
You'll work on not only leading the visual design team but also storyboarding, animating, conceptualising, and prototyping together with them as well. You will also be collaborating within Product Design, Communications and Marketing teams, providing expertise and know-how on projects requiring motion design and/or video editing.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
- Generate clear ideas, concepts and designs of any form of creative assets from beginning to end.
- Manage the quality of design through all phases of the process and the live product.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, researchers, data scientist partners to create transformative visuals and easy to use and emotionally engaging interfaces.
- Provide leadership and mentorship for juniors, medior and senior branding designers, visual designers and marketings copywriters across different products and end-to-end services, globally and across all platforms that MessageBird has.
- Be involved in projects throughout all stages of production. Brief building, concepting, refinement, production and implementation.
- A strong understanding of how art direction, design and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product.
Skills and Qualifications
- 7+ years working as an art director or brand design lead at a creative agency or comparable in-house agency.
- Ability to offer creative and visual direction or critique work objectively.
- Experience with design and art direction in the technology category.
- Able to bring ideas to life with comps and prototypes using creative software and other tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketch, Keynote, etc.).
- A highly collaborative working style.
- Experience with launching social campaigns or PR-worthy initiatives.
- Good communicator of design work and your rationale behind proposals.
- You have experience designing for business and developer-focused products and creating assets for different outputs.
- Portfolio that demonstrates well crafted design outputs like style guides, system guidelines, design frameworks.
- You love working with other designers to help them learn and grow.
- You are extremely attentive to detail.
- You are an independent self-starter who is more than capable of working on your own.
- Top-notch work equipment (MacBook, Large screen, Bose QuietComfort headphones, you name it!).
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer and feeling warm in winter.
- We are a team of foodies, so every single day, lunch is on us. Better said, our private chefs are serving great food all day long!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office.
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and bootcamp classes at our office (on the rooftop in summer!).
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings (dinners, paintball, bubble ball, LAN gaming, movie nights, we always find a reason to hang out).
- A swanky new, spacious office with a ping pong table, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Sega and PS4.
- Forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues, hailing from more than 40 countries.
Work with us and build the data-driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.