Aumni Product Designer - UI/UX
Aumni is a venture capital investment technology company based in Salt Lake City, Utah. We provide a financial and legal analytics tool for reviewing venture capital deals and managing venture capital funds. We have an in-production app with many well-established funds as customers and are nearing our Series A round.
Check out our stack: https://stackshare.io/aumni/aumni-web-app
We are looking for a UI/UX Product Designer to help design new functionality and features. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software, wireframe tools, designing web applications, designing tables and data visualizations, and conducting usability and feedback calls.
If you also have a portfolio of professional design projects that includes work with web/mobile applications, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs and help us grow our customer base.
*This position is for Salt Lake City (Cottonwood Heights) with relocation available.*
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with stakeholders and engineers
- Develop customer personas and use cases to understand our customers’ needs
- Develop interactive UI mockups and prototypes
- Work with our product team to develop new features and functionality
- Participate in feedback sessions with customers
- Maintain and adhere to our style guide for graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets
- Design data visualizations and tables
- Work side-by-side with an engineering team on CSS script and website code to ensure consistency and design choices across the platform.
- Assist the business development and marketing teams by creating and maintaining presentation collateral and website content.
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, Adobe XD, Whimsical, Figma, Marvel, or InVision
- Experience creating prototypes
- Experience with data visualizations and presentation of tabular data
- Interest in UX design principles (e.g., having read books like Steve Krug’s Rocket Surgery Made Easy or Don Norman’s Design of Everyday Things)
- Portfolio of design projects
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience creating presentation materials in both Microsoft Powerpoint, Keynote, and Google Slides