Designer (UI/UX w/ front-end experience)
We’re a design-first api-first company
We’re building an API-first/Headless eCommerce platform. Based in Vancouver , but open to remote for this role.
We’re a venture backed team of developers and designers building an API-first eCommerce platform for the next generation of the web. From day one we have obsessed over the design of our interfaces and APIs.
We are passionate about spearheading the next generation of commerce on the web and beyond. Our vision is to make the process of building custom eCommerce effortless for developers, accessible for designers and highly impactful for brands and business. With our API-first approach to eCommerce, we’re making developers and designers powerful in their work.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time, Designer & Front-end developer to join our team (open to remote). In this role, you will work closely with the Founders, Engineers and our Customers to build simple, intuitive web experiences. Your primary focus will be on our merchant dashboard, helping to drive the user experience for our developer and merchant customers. You’ll be at the forefront of our fast moving team, helping to make our customers happy with beautiful interfaces and attention to detail.
Some example projects you will be working on
- Designing a new interface for merchants to manage orders and customers
- Creating beautiful interactive eCommerce components that utilize our API
- Developing a style guide/ui kit to be used across our platform
- Designing a new micro-site to show off a new API feature
- Lead product design efforts across the board
- Building out our initial design team
- Help define our product strategy and roadmap
- Design simple experiences that support the complex nature of eCommerce and the dichotomy between developer and merchant customer needs
- Finding and working with contractors to develop well designed open sourced resources
- Become intimately familiar with our developer and merchant customers motivations’
- Interview customers to get essential feedback to identify issues and improve future versions of the Dashboard; this will be done in person and through remote testing
- Deliver solutions from low to high fidelity (sketches to final asset delivery)
- Translate functional, interaction, and design requirements to developers verbally and through detailed documentation
- Give and receive feedback to/from founders and wider team
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
- Produce lo fidelity interactive prototypes
You are a team player who rolls up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. You gracefully solve problems under pressure while checking your ego at the door. You are known for fine-tuned aesthetics, amazing storytelling, a critical eye for detail and an obsession with perfection. You thrive in a collaborative environment, where communication and transparency are key.
- 3+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design and visual design
- Strong UI/UX fundamentals
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- Ability to make sound design decisions with data and user testing as vital tools
- A thorough understanding of web & mobile design patterns
- Ability to prototype and code up your designs with pixel perfect accuracy
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines to move our products in new and bold directions
- Capable of working autonomously and independently
- Ability to communicate your design decisions
- Experience with running and synthesizing UX research
- Worked with APIs
- Worked within an agile software development process
Initial salary between $80-95k USD per year
1 - 1.75% Equity