Digital Visual Designer
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This team member will be accountable for helping to create United Sports Brand's digital look across all online platforms and applications.
- Creates on-brand visual design assets for all digital platforms and consumer touchpoints (web, mobile, email marketing, online marketplace).
- Manages creative needs and generates designs for online marketplaces with an eye toward constantly optimizing design.
- Drive user experience and interface design decisions through research and in collaboration with cross-functional teams while advocating for thoughtful design.
- Work with e-commerce team to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards. Work with e-commerce team to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
- Works closely with Creative and Marketing to translate direction, requirements, and objectives.
- Builds, revises and edits digital style guides across multiple products for web and mobile platforms.
- Facilitate comps by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing user data (qualitative, quantitative) to inform the design.
- Monitors feedback and analytics to recommend and prioritize iterative improvements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This is a full-time position
- Typical work hours and days are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- This position is based out of the Fountain Valley, CA office
- No travel is expected for this position.
- This position does not have any leadership requirements and/or responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and formal training in digital design, graphic design, typography, and/or visual communications or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of successful professional design experience in Digital Design, eCommerce and/or Consumer Products. In-house/digital experience preferred.
- In-depth expertise in developing creative solutions across a broad range of digital platforms (responsive web design, mobile design, social media, online advertising)
- Experience working with eCommerce platforms, in particular, Shopify
- Solid expertise with the latest versions of Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, Google Analytics, Shopify.
- Knowledge of Listrak a plus
- Strong communication and listening skills and the ability to translate feedback visually
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and a keen eye for consistency
- Must be team-oriented, dedicated, inquisitive, and collaborative
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong work ethic, personal accountability & excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage time & projects to meet deadlines
* Must submit website and portfolio with application.
Candidate must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with the ability to: sit/; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
United Sports Brands is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.