SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER - PACKAGING
Beekman 1802 is looking for a senior graphic designer with forward-thinking packaging and print designs that are intuitive and on-brand.
DAY IN THE LIFE
Team Beekman is looking for an individual to join our Creative Department as a Senior Graphic Designer - Packaging.
For more information about Beekman 1802, visit our webpage (beekman1802.com) or any of our social media platforms (@beekman1802, @beekmanmercantile).
*Location: Schenectady, NY
*Hours & Schedule: M-F, 8:30 to 5
*Status: Full-Time, Exempt
*Supervisory Role: No
You are a creative professional who is obsessed with all things beauty and skincare. You stay up-to-date and current within the beauty industry, researching and evaluating successful trends. You are constantly thinking outside the box but understand how to stay true to brand guidelines. You strive to provide visuals that speak directly to our target demographic and are industry relevant.
You have at least 4 years of packaging and production experience with a portfolio that reflects this. You are proactive and can work quickly to complete tasks on tight deadlines. You are excited to support the company by also accepting an array of production-heavy tasks. You work well in a team environment and can collaborate and communicate clearly across departments. You are open to constructive critique and can provide innovative and successful deliverables to the Creative VP and Creative Director and Marketing Departments without issue. You are a fast learner and quickly catch on to company procedures and processes with confidence.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create and make revisions to print-ready packaging assets and layered files for production.
• Setup technical specs for packaging for vendors.
• Translate creative briefs into packaging design that ensures a cohesive brand image. Candidate will have creative brief specs/guidelines for development ready handoffs and in some instances be flexible to delivery projects without the brief for certain internal team members.
• Work with production team and vendors on proof and sample approvals and manage the schedule for on-time approvals.
• Create print ready assets for print advertisements, merchandising posters, event signage, brand collateral, and catalogs.
• Ability to evaluate files and consider the context of final output to communicate early and mitigate risk around missing or required content deliverables.
• Partner closely with VP Creative, Creative Director, Production and Marketing Departments before and during development phase to ensure asset quality meets expectations across multiple breakpoints.
• This role is not exclusively limited to packaging design and may include some print, media and digital.
At Beekman 1802, the company motto is “Work Hard, Never Quit, and Help YourNeighbor.” Our Schenectady Headquarters was just named “Coolest Offices in Albany” by the Albany Business Review. We operate like a start-up but have over 150 employees in four locations. We work hard but smart, andeveryone leaves their ego at the door. Beekman 1802 is independently owned and self-funded, with no venture capital or private equity. Change and growth are all around usand all employees are expected to be agents of change. Honesty and integrity for one’s work, above all, is required. Rigidity is not permitted, but intelligence, drive, and collaboration are expected.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
Beekman 1802 strongly supports and encourages diversity in its workforce and vision. Beekman and our employees believe that diversity of all kinds makes Beekman 1802 a stronger and sharper organization, better equipped to meet its ambitious goals and provide a safe and healthy environment for our employees. Beekman 1802 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants of all protected classes are encouraged to apply.
• Must be able to relocate to Schenectady, New York.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design.
• Expert Level in Adobe Illustrator & InDesign with strong Photoshop skills.
• Our team is extremely technical, so you must be able to understand their language and directions in regard to software and design.
• Photoshop abilities should include strong post-processing skills with the ability to manipulate both raster and vector elements.
• Expertise in file setup for printing and proofing.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience in packaging design.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience working in a team environment.
• Minimum 4 years’ experience successfully collaborating with creative directors, marketing, merchandising, and sales departments.
The following items are REQUIRED to be considered:
• Cover Letter that demonstrates your personality and why you are a good fit for our brand
• Online Portfolio
If you are selected for consideration we will be requesting the following:
• PDF Portfolio with minimum 10 pages of relevant, original work.
• A 3hour graphic design tasks will be assigned to you that demonstrate your creative and technical ability.