Artificial is an exciting start-up in the InsurTech sector. Our mission is to enable insurance companies to leverage innovative technology so they can scale quickly without significant up-front costs. We are dedicated to building the most advanced and flexible Machine Learning-enabled insurance platform to cater for insurers, brokers and underwriters.
We’re looking for a UI Designer with good UX Design experience to join our growing team on a Full-time basis.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- You live and breathe design systems and ideally you’ve designed one that’s being used in production already.
- You know HTML + CSS, the limits of the web and how to work within them.
- You have a diverse set of skills in your toolkit, from wireframing and prototyping to high-fidelity visual and interface design.
- You can work effectively alone and aren’t precious or egotistic when it comes to your design solutions.
- You have solid experience with Figma - our primary design tool.
- You have designed native apps for iOS and/or Android.
- You have carried out user testing and research, and can back this up in your portfolio.
- Reporting to the head of design, you will work collaboratively across disciplines with product managers, business analysts, developers and marketers.
- Help build a best-in-class, scalable design system for Artificial’s products and services
- Collaborate with our marketing team to express the Artificial brand through imagery - it’s a bonus if you have experience with motion or illustration.
- Quickly prototype new features through storyboards, mockups, and prototypes
- Present design ideas to various project stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Work closely with engineering to ensure web designs and functionality are correctly built and brought to life.
- Conduct user research + testing to uncover problems in users current workflows and seek to improve them
- Strong portfolio of prior UX / UI work - applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
- 3+ years’ commercial experience in UX / UI design.
- Experience with driving and applying user-centred design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in a start-up environment is a big plus.