Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
• We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market. We are the official tracking and analytics partner of the NBA and EPL. We also work with other top basketball and soccer (football) leagues and clubs around the world.
• We generate meaningful and accurate data in the language of sport. Nearly every team in the NBA and ESPN uses our analytics and video platforms.
• We create cutting edge software and communication tools so we can deliver personalized and interactive technologies for leagues, managers, players, media and fans that save people time and get them what they want in ways that previously did not exist.
• We launched an innovative product, Clippers CourtVision, which won an NBA Innovation Award and Best in Technology at the 2019 Sports Business Awards, and has subsequently been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, FOX, NBATV, and NBA League Pass among others.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
What You’ll Do:
• Take complex, high-level ideas and turn them into thoughtful and engaging user experiences
• Create design requirements for product specifications, user scenarios and screen flows
• Design wireframes, visual interfaces and interactive prototypes with compelling interactions for web based productivity tools and consumer facing mobile applications
• Work alongside product managers and engineers to ensure that pixel perfect visual designs and interactive prototypes are built the way they were intended
• Contribute and help maintain our design system
What You Have:
• You use Sketch, Adobe Suite and prototyping tools such as Principle or Invision
• You have excellent aesthetics and design sensibility for typography, grid systems and other core design principles
• You have an online portfolio (no PDFs or downloads) with beautiful interface designs that show your craftsmanship and attention to detail
• You have examples in your portfolio of web based productivity applications and consumer facing mobile applications
What Sets You Apart:
• You are familiar with modern interactive prototyping tools such as Framer X, Origami, Principal
• You have examples of smart TV applications, virtual reality or augmented reality experiences in your portfolio
• You have domain knowledge in mainstream sports
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
• Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams
• Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
• Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by highly-qualified technical leads
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.