Mid-level Visual Designer
Motorway is reinventing how cars are bought and sold online. Our mission is to bring the car industry into the future through ground-breaking products and best in class design.
In 2017 we launched the first comparison website for selling your car. With a few taps, customers can compare live offers for their car, select the best deal and sell within 24 hours. Since then we have grown significantly and recently launched Motorway Pro, a platform for dealers to search and buy cars online.
We are now looking for a talented Visual Designer to help create the next phase of Motorway’s journey.
About the role
As part of a four-person design team, you’ll be responsible for creating design work across the business, including:
- Advertising creatives for offline and out-of-home campaigns
- Emails, banners, videos and widgets to support our online marketing, content, social media and CRM campaigns
- Branded merchandise and clothing
- Illustrations and icon design
- UI design and page layouts for our digital products and websites
- Signage, branding and interior design for our offices in Brighton and London
- Lots of other top secret features and projects we’re working on but can’t talk about publicly 😉
You’ll create design work for our consumer brand (motorway.co.uk) and our Pro brand used by car dealers (pro.motorway.co.uk).
What we’re looking for
- 👩🎨Some commercial experience in a design role or internship, demonstrated by a strong portfolio.
- 📈An ability to solve real problems through design, demonstrated by examples of projects or features that have had a measurable impact on the business or organisation
- 🎨Strong aesthetic ability and visual taste, resulting in work that is powerful and beautiful to behold.
- ✍️Typography, colour, illustration, photography, icons, branding… you are all over this
- 🔬An exceptional eye for detail and a precise, accurate approach to creating design work
- 🖥 Experience with design tools such as Adobe CC and Sketch, and collaboration tools like Dropbox and Slack, plus strong Mac skills
- 🤹Comfortable collaborating with different areas of the business, such as commercial, marketing or development teams
- 🏞A personal interest and passion for visual creativity, be it art, product design, graphic design or photography
- 💬Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- 😀A friendly, positive personality with a willingness to work hard and as part of a team
- 🚀Ambition to develop and be the best at what you do
What we offer
- A competitive salary and equity package
- The chance to join a rapidly growing company that cares first and foremost about its people
- The chance to work with an experienced entrepreneurial team, with a big vision
- Fast career progression and the ability to develop your own skills and experience quickly
- Flexible working, with the option to work from home or remotely some of the time
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity leave that increases with tenure
- Regular social events