Who we are
AppGrooves (https://appgrooves.com) is an app discovery website that makes it easy for users to discover & achieve their life goals with the best apps. We are Silicon Valley-based & well-funded 500Startups portfolio startup with millions of MAUs (monthly-active-users) growing rapidly.
After 1 year of launch, we have achieved:
a) Millions of MAUs, growing 10% MoM
b) Extremely high Click-through (to App Stores) & Conversions (App Installs)
Now we’d like to focus on Engagement and Retention.
What You’ll Be Doing (High-level):
Our top of funnel is stellar. Now, whether they come to our mobile or desktop version, or via search or discovery, it will be the job of the UX Designer to create a journey that is incredible and keeps them coming back. You will be one of the founding members of our product team and you will have a big impact on whatever we do. You will directly work with the marketing team and the CEO.
We look for experts who can focus on user empathy (vs metrics-driven) to make our site trustworthy by interviewing users & running user-tests.
We want someone that is kind but not shy. Someone who will listen to what others suggest, but ultimately be confident in their ideas and why they are best for the company. We want someone that is highly skilled without the corporate level feel to them.
What You’ll Be Doing (operational-level):
1) Build & manage the growth strategy with Founder/CEO and other executives.
2) Convert ideas into wireframe or Low-Res UI, run user testing
3) Create a High-Res UI
4) Talk with our UI designer & engineers and get your idea implemented. (We have a solid team who can implement your ideas.)
5) Measure metrics => improve
1) 3+ years of experience as a UX designer
2) 3+ years of experience at large-scale Consumer Media or Community in mobile app and/or website
3) Experiences as Product Manager and/or Growth Marketing Manager
4) Worked on SEO-driven website (eg. Yelp, Quora)
5) Startup Mindset: “fail fast” and keep trying until you figure it out
6) “Out-of-box” thinking - nothing is impossible, so we appreciate your creativity
1) UX Research
3) Analytical Skills
4) Visual Design Skills
5) Wireframing and UI Prototyping
6) UX Writing
7) User Empathy
8) Interaction Design
9) Communication Skills
10) Basic coding knowledge
Perks (for employees):
1) Competitive salary
2) Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
3) 401k with company match