About PLAYSTUDIOS ASIA:
Location: Hong Kong
SILICON VALLEY product ingenuity x LAS VEGAS integrated resort experience x ASIA PACIFIC games market = PLAYSTUDIOS ASIA, based in Hong Kong!
We are a mobile / social games company competing in the fast-growing and dynamic mobile / social games market with a suite of casino and gambling style games that follow the ‘social’ or ‘play for fun' model.
Our mission is to make the industry's most beautiful, engaging, and polished games in partnership with iconic travel, hospitality, and entertainment brands and offer aspirational travel and leisure experiences as loyalty rewards to our best customers. We are growing our team of world-class product, engineering, marketing, and loyalty talent!
We're looking for an ambitious LEAD ARTIST to create game concepts and work with outsource production vendors to deliver high quality, performant and polished content to delight both new and engaged players.
- ● Leads the art concept and art production of a project to deliver on budget, on-time, on-model, technically compliant, and performant game art assets
- ● Sketch game concepts from rough to clean lines with flat colour and prep concepts for delivery to outsourcing vendors
- ● Concepts include: creative brief, game story, color palette, storyboards/userflow, notes on font styling, lighting direction, and references for look and feel
- ● Participates in creative brainstorming sessions in coordination with Creative Director and Product Manager
- ● Meets with the Creative Director, Producer, and Product Manager as needed for reviews, sprint planning, and roadmap planning
- ● Has visibility into asset delivery dates; can speak to this in absence of Producer
- ● Responsible for knowledge-share to new hires to the team and ensure best
- practices and quality standards are met
- ● 3-5 years experience in game development (casual casino highly preferred)
- ● Experience in critiquing and clear communication of ideas
- ● Strong understanding of foundation art principles including drawing, color theory, anatomy, lighting
- ● Demonstrable understanding of typography and graphic design
- ● Ability to work in a creative and collaborative work environment
- ● Self-directed, driven; willing to ask for help or engage assistance
Benefits and Perks:
● Open, creative office space with a fully-stocked pantry
- ● Catered lunches once-per-week + sponsored food delivery as-needed
- ● Employee-driven entertainment, happy hours, and team-building events throughout
- the year
- ● 100% health benefits coverage for you and your dependents (Dental & Optical allowance included)
- ● Equity program Additional Notes:
- ● Applications must include a link to your online portfolio.
- ● You may be expected to complete a paid art test as a part of the interviewing