Lead Product Designer
About Run the World
Founded by product and engineering veterans from Facebook, Instagram and Atlassian, Run the World is a venture-backed seed-staged startup funded by top tier VCs in Silicon Valley and China. We are already getting customers and generating revenue.
Run the World is a platform of 100% digitalized conferences so people with shared interests or expertise can engage with each other and learn through video. Leveraging the latest mobile and video technologies, Run the World enables people worldwide to make meaningful connections and effective collaborations within a few clicks in their mobile phones, without long travels and high costs to attend a conference physically.
- Design is a major differentiator for our company to succeed so we want to build a design driven culture from day 1.
- We love designers who love to experiment, make an impact, and shape team direction
- We are extremely down to earth and we don't tolerate bullshit. We like to keep things as real as possible and don't like framing fairy tales all day
- We trust our people and believe the best way to do good work is to ensure everyone gets to release their true potentials and get their passion turned up to the highest level
- We have a lot of energy and loves to get things done
- We like to keep our quirks and appreciate others' quirks. We value being able to be our true authentic selves and let haters hate.
What does this role do?
As our founding designer, you are joining our founding team, which includes senior engineers and product people from FAANG and Stanford MBA. Design is a critical differentiator for our company to succeed so we prioritize design at the company level, and that's why this role is reporting directly to the CEO.
You are redefining how meaningful we can help people create connections online, so progress can be made in those industries and collaboration opportunities can be created. You are responsible for designing interactive video-first experience that help people feel closer with like-minded people in another hemisphere so they can do something bigger together. We are pondering the following design questions in the past month:
- How can we help match people with shared business interests and motivate them to start a conversation?
- How can we help people to feel connected with the industry expert through live videos?
- How can we design a truly interactive and non-awkward digital networking hour?
- What are the new talk formats we can provide to enable intimate interactions between speakers and attendees so no one falls asleep?
- Design and prototype the end-to-end experience for our 1.0 Product
- Establish the design foundation and design vision for the company long term
- Contribute to all stages of the design process from user research to wireframes and shipping the product
- Report directly to our CEO.
- Help with Brand Design, Landing Page etc.
Who are we looking for
The best candidate is someone who:
- Strong in visual and product thinking
- Experience with native mobile and responsive design
- has experience with design and prototyping tools like Sketch, Principle, Figma, Framer etc. and strong in interaction design
- is called "creative", "bizzare", "crazy", or even "weird" by their friends or colleagues
- is a long-term visionary who loves to redefine things and create new experiences that matter
- moves fast and loves the startup speed
- Prior social, video, dating, consumer experience a strong plus
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit? Email your portfolio to our CEO directly(Xiaoyin Qu), at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latte (or Matcha Latte, even better) is on us. We just want to socialize and chat! It will be fun. Just email with subject line "Latte requested", and attach your portfolio. We will be in touch.