Lead Digital Designer
This is an exciting opening for a skilled Senior Digital Designer / Art Director to join a fast-growing agency with a great culture where you can really make your mark. We're eager to find a talented designer who is experienced in designing for a wide range of web and browser-based content.
The successful candidate will take the lead role in the creation and delivery of ideas-led digital and content marketing. You will work alongside Planning, Campaign and Content functions to produce strong creative solutions and assets of the highest standard.
We have a culture based on trust, so it's essential that you approach your work with a positive can-do attitude and be able to use initiative and take ownership of your projects, delivering them to the highest standards and on time.
The person we are looking for will have a great blend of skills, experience and attitude. We are a ‘thinking’ agency, so while we develop creative solutions we always need to have reasoning and rationale behind everything we do, in support of an overarching strategy. Ideally, you will already have strong digital agency experience and understand the importance of good communication. You must have an excellent range of hands-on digital production skills and proficiency in the full Adobe Creative Suite is a given. Someone who keeps up to date on the latest digital design, web and social media trends will have an advantage, as will a candidate who would enjoy the opportunity to take control of our own brand identity and work on internal marketing assets.
You will have high standards in the quality of your delivery and able to execute them quickly and to a brief. An eye for detail is acutely important; to ensure everything you deliver is both pixel perfect and error free. We will expect you to take pride in every design or campaign you create, no matter how big or small.
As a small but rapidly growing agency, this is a fantastic opportunity to help grow the Creative team over time, and ultimately lead it from the top, so candidates with experience in and a passion for managing/mentoring junior designers would be an advantage.
No two days are the same at Don’t be Shy, but typical responsibilities include:
- Creating thoughtful and inspired designs for a range of digital assets including websites, in-browser tools, display adverts, emails and landing pages following UX best-practices at all times
- Designing for a range of content marketing assets including whitepapers, eBooks, infographics, PDFs, case studies and guides
- Developing and executing creative ideas from initial concept all the way through to completed campaign assets, including branding projects
- Mentoring our junior designer and being responsible for their development
- Working with campaign managers, planners and developers to ensure creative solutions are delivered to the brief and on time
- Incorporate changes recommended by clients into final designs
- Reviewing designs for to ensure work is 100% error free before final use
- Setting up print-ready artwork where required
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to your work and ask the right questions around the objectives and goals of each piece of work
- Agency experience or cross-client/disciplinary role - a strong and varied portfolio will be expected
- Experience designing for digital and for content marketing - preferably with competency from designing eBooks to infographics, and websites to in-browser tools, with an eye on accessibility across any device type or size.
- An understanding and appreciation of good UX practices
- Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
- Some knowledge of HTML, CSS and AfterEffects is a plus, or the desire to learn about these as part of your own development
- A good eye for spotting opportunities to save time on design e.g. by developing templates that can be used across projects.
- A good knowledge or desire to learn the design specifics of each social channel both for organic and paid
- A flair for developing meaningful creative concepts and ideas
- Ability to work under pressure when it’s required
- A genuine interest in becoming an integral part of the business - making your mark on our future design offering.
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive salary dependant on experience and regular reviews as we continue to grow
- Office based in Manchester’s Northern Quarter
- Above all, a genuinely good, friendly and diverse culture and a flexible workplace where our employees want to be.
About Don’t be Shy
Don’t be Shy is a team of B2B specialists dedicated to creating results-driven marketing for ambitious businesses.
We specialise in developing and implementing content-led, digital marketing strategies and websites that engage buyers at every stage of their journey and deliver measurable returns too.