Senior Product Designer
Pypestream is looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our talented team in our NYC office.
We are experts in Conversational AI, which is so much more than our conversational solution (aka "chat bot"). We have a number of enterprise products that our conversation designers and clients use behind the scenes to enable rich conversations with AI. Our design team has to re-frame and simplify complicated conversational concepts until they are tight, beautiful designs. You will work directly with Product Management and Engineering to drive the end-to-end design process.
What you’ll do:
- Research, design, prototype, and test ideas independently by way of producing low to high fidelity deliverables
- Clearly communicate and champion design decisions across internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain and augment a comprehensive UX/UI design system and language - Experience maintaining a Sketch library and designing "atomic" symbols is a huge plus.
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management to ensure correct implementation of designs
- Produce designs that push the limits of our technology, while carefully balancing feasibility of execution
- Help run and manage research and analysis to identify needs and gaps that can be used to fuel future design
What we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in digital product design.
- Strong portfolio of meticulously designed work featuring meaningful experiences paired with a beautiful aesthetic. Specifically looking for work showcasing feature-rich products (such as e-commerce websites or apps) versus straightforward web design.
- Examples of well maintained symbol libraries with great attention to detail and consistency.
- Proven track record of designing a product from conception to execution, including post-launch feedback analysis
- Experience conducting field research, market research, usability testing to derive actionable insights
- Experience with prototyping as a means of communicating ideas and validating design hypotheses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We hope you're looking for:
- An environment where designers are encouraged to "think like a strategist", and use data to make informed design decisions.
- Co-workers who provide feedback, constructive to positive, and where everyone keeps their ego in check
- A lead designer that wants you to develop professionally and have a lot of autonomy over your projects
- A chance to showoff your visual design chops by leading the revamp of our symbol library in a structured, product by product, effort.
Why You Should Join Us!
- Generous medical, dental and vision insurance
- Self Managed Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salary
- Catered lunches from time to time
We work with some of the largest enterprises in the world providing them with Conversational AI solutions that help them better engage with their customers, automate customer service, and provide a much better experience.
We are looking for motivated team-players who want to join us in our mission to transform the customer experience from 😡 to 😎.
We are deeply connected to our team, our customers, our values, and our mission. We believe that embracing our diversity and being open-minded is what makes us exceptional.
We are calculated risk-takers and talented self-starters who are passionate about pursuing ambitious goals, challenging the status quo, and solving hard problems through innovation.
We are authentic, honest, and act with integrity. We stay true to our beliefs and are unafraid to speak up, express ourselves, and lead by example.
We are insatiably curious, always asking questions, and looking for better ways to do things. We learn by experience and embrace an open culture of transparency and experimentation.
We embrace difficult challenges and see them through to completion. We never settle for anything less than excellence.