The Product Designer is responsible for assuring that FloQast is accounting software that doesn’t look like accounting software. We strive to be functional and fun, utilizing modern design techniques and user experience acumen to make FloQast continually easier and more intuitive to use - even as it becomes more powerful and feature rich. You will be responsible for the in-app experience for accountants working in FloQast - both to improve the existing application and to create the next generation of tools to help users close the books faster and more accurately. We strive to deliver an experience that is focused on streamlining our user’s workflow while creating a more enjoyable and engaging experience. You will be working on creating new products as well as existing products for our core application, updating and extending our design language.
- Lead the company-wide discussion, direction-setting and roadmap of FloQast’s user experience and design - including internal stakeholders and engaging with customers and prospects.
- Develop a keen understanding of our users’ pain and how our application currently addresses that pain, and how to continually make FloQast’s solution pleasurable to use in every way - from pleasing and modern user interface to an intuitive and logical information architecture.
- Create user experiences with effortless usability for simple as well as complex user flows.
- Create wireframes and user flows, mockups and alternative approaches to new and existing features
- Maintain and extend our current design language and style guide
- Any other creative tasks that may be assigned to help the company meet its goals
Desired Qualities and Skills:
- 5-10 years of digital/product design experience with a strong portfolio - ideally representing a variety of highly usable B2C or B2B experiences, including information-dense applications similar to presentation of accounting and/or workflow progress.
- World-class visual design sensibility and data visualization skills.
- Strong understanding of typography, information hierarchy, color, and other UI concepts with a high attention to detail
- Comfortable with user testing, use of data to drive product enhancements, and iterative design
- Understanding of user flows, user stories, personas and basic wireframes