Senior Product Designer (Digital)
we are unu
We believe in cities in which all people are able to embrace the full potential of urban life. This is why we are committed to creating the mobility solution, that fully connects people to their city.
unu is an urban mobility brand based in Berlin. Our first product was the unu Scooter Classic, an electric scooter with portable batteries and was launched in 2014. Our products are sold both directly to consumers and business customers, making them accessible to everyone and resulting in fair prices by eluding dealership costs. In 2019, we launched the second generation of our scooter: The unu Scooter was designed inhouse and completely re-developed with our partners in Germany. The new scooter offers space for two people, as well as the largest storage space and one of the fastest acceleration values in the electric scooter segment. With its own app and integrated display, it also offers innovative smart features such as navigation, theft protection and digital key sharing.
After a successful rollout in Germany, Austria, the Netherlands and France, unu is now expanding into further European countries.
With already more than 120 creative challengers striving for simply perfect solutions we are now looking for a strong Senior Product Designer to join the team in unu’s headquarter in Berlin.
As a product designer at unu you will build our urban mobility products and features from beginning to end. You will help shape our digital initiatives that go from upcoming exciting mobility products. You’ll work with engineers and collaborate with the rest of our design team as you identify problems and present solutions.
- Work self reliantly in cross functional teams of engineers, product managers and designers
- Spot, analyse and synthesise problems by applying the right research and discovery methods
- Create thought-out concepts considering the perspectives of users, business goals and technical feasibility
- Communicate solutions to the team as well as to other stakeholders e.g. by prototyping
- Take an idea from a rough sketch to pixel-perfect, implementation-ready specifications
- Build and maintain a consistent design system along the way
WHAT YOU BRING
- First of all, you should be passionate about our values - "connection", "creative challenger", "simple perfection", "authenticity", "we are david" - and our vision to create a mobility solution that fully connects people to their city.
Also, we’d really like if you bring us the following:
- Experience with building and shipping beautiful digital products, presented in a compelling portfolio
- The ability to co-create solutions in a team, and the belief in collaborative decision-making
- A high level of digital craftsmanship, hands-on mentality, and the will to keep learning new things
- Proficiency with understanding user needs, creating flows and validating them with user-tests on different fidelity levels
- Technical fluency in desktop and mobile applications, when it comes to best practices, different patterns and used technologies
- You will get your own company unu scooter to unlock Berlin’s potential - furthermore we offer:
- A highly diverse and vibrant group of people with a strong cultural bond, flat hierarchy, with space for your own ideas in a dynamic, dedicated and motivating environment
- Competitive salary and attractive stock options
- A creative workspace in Kreuzberg
- Healthy snacks, drinks and meals, e.g. daily lunch vouchers
- Discounted Urban Sports Club membership
Are you ready to join our team? Would you like to learn more about unu’s vision, then please send us:
- A short motivational letter
- An up-to-date portfolio
- Your CV, or a link to your updated profile on Linkedin, Xing, etc.