Director, Head of Design
Sundae’s mission is to help homeowners get the best outcome when it’s time to sell a house that needs some love. For too long, the process of selling outdated and damaged houses has been terrible for sellers. Local property investors capitalize on homeowner distress to purchase houses cheap and resell them for huge profits.
Sundae is putting more of those profits back in the hands of the homeowner. We’ve developed a model to predict when sellers will need our help, and a best-in-class sales and marketing team to reach them and a trusted brand that allows us to grow even faster through word of mouth and referrals. With scale and efficiency, we’re able to redistribute economic value to sellers in the form of the most competitive price so that Sundae can become the largest buyer of homes that need love in the United States.
We are a Founders Fund, DST, Susa, and Green Oaks-backed company with product-market fit, very significant revenue growth, and a massive addressable market opportunity. Our team is comprised of seasoned leaders from real estate and marketplace businesses and with significant high-growth company experience (Airbnb, Dropbox, Chime, LendingHome).
Joining Sundae means being part of the team that’s bringing compassion and transparency to the business of helping homeowners sell in their time of need. If you’re driven by making a positive impact on people’s lives and want to support our mission, we’d love to hear from you.
About the Role
We are looking for a design leader to visually bring the Sundae brand to life across every aspect of our business. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Director / Head of Design will lead Sundae’s design efforts and build a team to support our rapid growth. You’ll establish and steward a distinct style for expressing our brand purpose and narrative. You will steer our product design strategy and scale our marketing design output across a wide range of channels including digital, video, direct mail, outdoor and more.
We are looking for someone with a discerning eye for exceptional design and a visionary approach to developing new expressions of the brand across product, marketing, and internal touch points. This is a ground floor opportunity to own, build and lead the design function in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Oversee the visual and creative direction of the Sundae brand.
- Develop and refine the brand style guide to drive brand consistency across all brand touch-points including digital and physical spaces.
- Hire and inspire a world-class design team to support the company’s aggressive growth goals for product and marketing.
- Onboard creative tools and/or agencies to help scale creative needs across the organization.
- Lead the creative briefing, concept development and execution of creative deliverables for a wide range of brand touch-points including the marketing website, product experiences, and marketing channels including digital ads, social content, videos, direct mail, outdoor ads, and more.
- Partner with growth teams to develop an iterative and data-driven approach to creative and design across product and marketing to drive continuous learning and improvement.
- You have 8+ years experience as a design leader in an agency or in-house creative/design management with expertise across brand, marketing and UX design and an outstanding design portfolio including marketing campaign development.
- You have a strong network of design talent to help us build and scale the design function across brand, marketing and UX and research.
- You have a strong creative and conceptual vision that allows you to continually identify new ideas and expressions of the brand narrative that break down complex concepts into simple, compelling communications and experiences.
- You marry art direction and copywriting skills to create powerful brand content and experiences.
- You have a strong point of view on the best tools, resources and agencies to scale creative design, copy, and video production.
- You are a master at solving creative problems with a mindset that aligns creative and business needs.
- You have a bias towards action, execution, and efficiency balanced with maintaining high-quality output.
- You have experience developing and managing consumer marketing programs in a data-driven, product and marketing environment for both brand and direct response marketing.
- You have experience across UX, research, brand and marketing including the full range of creative formats including traditional, digital, outdoor, and experiential etc.
- You’re skilled in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat, Sketch, Invision, Smartly and other DCOs. Experience in video production, videography and video editing including motion graphics is a huge plus.
Compensation & Benefits
- Opportunity to revolutionize the real-estate industry with a mission to help those in need
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals in a highly collaborative culture
- Competitive salary and benefits
We here at Sundae strive to build a workforce comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow, not only as a company, but also as individuals. Sundae is an Equal Opportunity Employer