Sr. Web Graphic Designer
Senior Web Graphic Designer
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
The Senior Graphic Designer ensures the marketing materials are created, developed and laid out according to Company standards and industry best practices; guides Graphic Designer I & II in design best practices to meet or exceed customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensures the timely and accurate production and design of digital graphic materials, including but not limited to, advertising, lifestyle imagery, iconography, illustrations, executive data reporting.
· Ideate, concept and design incredibly polished work that represents the Discount Tire brand through storytelling, presentations, art direction, visual direction, UX, 2D visual comps, prototypes and everything in between.
· Drive user experience and graphic design through research and in collaboration with cross-functional teams while advocating for thoughtful customer centered design.
· Ensures concepts meet specifications and communicates company brand and tone.
· Prepares finished designs and provides feedback to Graphic Designer I & II.
· Creates and maintains Company design specifications; creates regional advertising templates.
· Problem solves and troubleshoots stakeholder issues; determines and implements best solutions.
· Researches and recommends vendors for creative resources not held in-house.
· Mentors, coaches and trains Graphic Designer I & II's.
· Inspires new ways of thinking and explore the unknown using fresh and unique approaches to design problems.
· Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to the design processes, procedures and services.
· Creates graphics that are Industry leading, trend right and that consistently incorporate consumer insights through storytelling, emotional connectivity and relevance.
· Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
· Serves as the Subject Matter Expert on graphic design processes and user experience.
· Creates story/mood boards to compliment design recommendations.
· Responsible for taking data from analytics team and assisting with visual presentation to stakeholders and Executive staff.
· Collaborate with brand, digital, and video production to meet objectives and timelines
· Other duties as assigned.
· This position requires a minimum of 5 years progressive graphic design and production experience in web environment.
· Passion for design, storytelling and art
· Demonstrated detail-oriented ability with strong layout and design skills is necessary.
· Proficiency with Microsoft office, including skills with Word and PowerPoint is necessary.
· Expert knowledge of Adobe CS including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of conceptualization, color, typography, and composition graphic design practices is required.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and timelines, by prioritizing work with minimal or no direction.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate across all levels of the organization, present complex ideas concisely and clearly articulate ideas verbally and in writing is necessary.
· The ability to work within a team and serve as a trusted expert for assigned duties is necessary.
· The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
· In addition troubleshooting and organizational skills with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
· Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude is essential. Proven ability to motivate self and others is necessary.
This position requires Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or Fine Arts or equivalent training and experience.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary
Please apply online or email your resume as an attached word document to Grant.Willis@discounttire.com. Thank you.