Are you a design Jedi who can make high-quality designs within short deadlines? Do you love type and have an attention to detail for it? Do you go beyond just reading a brief and research, and look for the different ways to visually express the message? Do you want your work to be part of raising money and awareness for progressive causes and campaigns?
Mothership Strategies is a top-ranking Democratic digital fundraising and advocacy firm. We are experts in engaging grassroots supporters online through digital fundraising, digital advocacy, and online advertising. Mothership has raised over $300 million for some of the largest Democratic campaigns and progressive causes. We work collaboratively to create industry-leading tactics and engagement strategies for campaigns of all sizes. We are a motivated and passionate team that loves taking ownership of tasks, solving problems, and working towards results. When Democratic candidates and organizations need to unite millions of supporters to raise money online, they call us.
We’re looking for an experienced Graphic Designer to expand our Graphic Design team. The starting pay range is $50,000 - $55,000 annually depending on experience. In this position, you will be responsible for creating and designing acquisition, direct donate, persuasion and mobilization advertisements and email marketing and social media materials on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive organizations. Working closely with the Graphic Design, Advertising, Email Fundraising, and Social Media teams, you will support and collaborate across teams as part of an in-house creative department.
OTHER KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborating across creative teams to ensure that designs are in line with client brands, messaging and goals
- Thinking outside the box to produce designs that stand out online and raise the bar of excellence for our advertising and email programs
- Staying on top of our design ticketing and archiving system to ensure all designed assets are accounted for and delivered on time
- Sourcing imagery and materials for use in digital advertisements
YOU'RE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- 3-5 years of professional Graphic Design experience, preferably in a political setting
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Agency experience preferred for fast hourly/daily turnaround projects
Mothership Strategies is located at 1328 Florida Avenue NW (near 14th st.), in a residential area of Washington DC, close to Historic U St. We are metro accessible and located in a 2 story, open-concept office.
WHY ELSE SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus Program
- Excellent Benefits (Including Student Loan Repayment)
- LinkedIn Learning
- Access to top tier technology (Macbook Environment)
- Fully stocked kitchen
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Mothership Strategies is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that fights for progressive values nationwide, we’re committed to building a community based on diversity and inclusion at all levels. To that end, we strictly prohibit discrimination based on age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Applicants of all backgrounds who are passionate about progressive politics are able and encouraged to apply!