Design Lead (UX / UI)
We are an Intermountain Ventures backed company transforming the way patients with chronic disease, including mental and behavioral health concerns, access their care. With a shortage of mental health specialists, long lead times for appointments, and a decrease in the number of mental health specialists accepting insurance, Alluceo’s evidence-based, digital platform allows 80% of patients with mental and behavioral health concerns to be treated by their primary care physician and staff.
Utilizing a team based care approach, perfected at Intermountain Healthcare and published in The Journal of the American Medical Association, a primary care clinic with the Alluceo platform is now empowered to better assess a patient’s risk and complexity, design a personalized care team around the patient, and together build a care plan that optimizes for both physical and mental health.
Your role and responsibilities
As an early member of our growing team, you will have a unique, “from-the-ground-up” opportunity to influence and define how physicians and patients interact with Alluceo’s web and mobile products. We're looking for generalists, or specialists who want to be generalists. As a product designer, you'll have your hands in every aspect of design (research, strategy, user testing, interaction and visual design). You don't have to know everything, but we do want you to be willing to learn. You will also have a direct impact on our health system partners and their patients’ team-based care journey by designing the applications and tools to enhance their user experience.
We believe in the power of autonomous, high-collaboration teams, where all the disciplines have a seat at the table and collaborate at every chance. While we will have regulatory frameworks to follow, we believe that diverse experiences lead to novel solutions, so health care experience is not required. Although we are a startup, we also believe in work/life balance. This generally means putting in a solid 8 hour day, then unplugging for the evening.
As a Design Lead, we would expect you to:
- Lead, build and grow the design practice at Alluceo
- Collaborate with the product, engineering, and front-line customer-facing teams to translate complex human interactions and processes into digital solutions for Alluceo’s health system partners and their patients
- Demonstrate an understanding of the entire design process including: research, problem definition, interaction design, visual design, UX design, and solution iteration
- Develop and maintain style guides and design systems to ensure consistency
- Educate your colleagues on and promote a company-wide, user-centered design thinking mentality to rapidly test and iterate
- Partner with the product team and influence the UX / UI vision and strategy by taking part in the full life cycle of design, from research to visuals.
- Deliver and communicate design intent so that way both the business and development teams understand what it is that we're building together. This can be anything from personas, to wireframes, to styleguides.
- Distill complicated data and workflows making them easier for the whole team to understand
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to existing and new functions and features
- Bring deep empathy, curiosity, passion, creativity and analytical insight to the human side of the care team and patient experience, including their needs and working styles, as well as to your design deliverables
What Alluceo can offer you:
- Direct impact changing patient care for the better
- Competitive compensation, including stock options
- Reimbursement for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous vacation policy
- Free parking or a 4 min walk from City Center UTA Trax Station
- Team lunches, dinners and happy hours
- On-demand, concierge barista service serving Italian coffee
- Free drinks including drip coffee, tea, juices, sodas, sparkling water, etc.
- Beautiful, modern office located in downtown Salt Lake City with a mountain view!
- Trust: We take personal integrity seriously, and when we say we will do something, we do it. We share information, talk openly about our challenges, and don’t make assumptions. We empathize with our team members to understand their perspective, even when we disagree with them, just like we empathize with the patients and providers who will use our product.
- Passion: We are purposeful and deeply, mission-driven individuals. We approach our company with no less enthusiasm and commitment.
- Results: We push away distractions to focus and are biased towards going above and beyond, but without a “win at all cost” attitude. We believe in evidence-based science and want to “test it before we build it” whether it is a new team based care tenet or a software feature, but we don’t believe you have to be sitting at your desk 24/7 to deliver those results.
- Fun: We find time to laugh and use humor as a way to overcome obstacles and bond as a team.
- Alliance: We check our egos at the door. We might be faster alone but firmly believe we will go farther as a team; just as we believe in the power of the team to help patients with chronic disease achieve wellness. In that pursuit, we actively work to ensure success beyond our own and want the best for our colleagues.
- Innovation: We take smart risks and an agile approach, value diversity of thought, encourage new ideas, don’t pass judgment before listening, and aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
Required Skills / Experiences
- 6+ years of product design experience, ideally in enterprise with web-based and mobile products
- A portfolio that showcases:
- Several of your projects and your journey to the final solution (If you have an online portfolio, please include a password if your portfolio is protected.)
- Experience testing, developing, and refining concepts based on design research, insights and brand vision with an eye for detail
- Mastery of user-centric design thinking, design tools, responsive web design standards, and the current state-of-the-art for consumer-facing experiences
- Ability to work across all aspects of the design process
- Passion for improving the healthcare experience, growing your skills, and tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Demonstrated design leadership through user-centered and value-centered design decisions that drive the business forward
- Acknowledge scope and product development tradeoffs with a diverse group of stakeholders, and still ensure an excellent consumer product experience
- Ability to thrive in a pairing environment with product and engineering
- An inviting communication style that brings the product, engineering, and front-line, customer facing teams along to more effectively reach their users.
- Ability to work directly with customers to understand business needs and design complete user experiences
- Interest in agile methodologies
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Desired Skills / Experiences
- Experience leading design teams
- Experience designing cloud-based, enterprise software with web-based and mobile products
- Experience developing and launching products in high-risk, regulated environments such as healthcare
- Sensitivity toward how people and organizations function and the ability to anticipate concerns
- Collaboration with sales and marketing to refine messaging so it reflects the power of the brand and the platform
- Deeply understand the art and the science of behavior change delivered at internet scale
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and front-end development
- Experience or interest in healthcare interoperability clinical workflows and standards such as HL7/FHIR and C-CDA
More about us
Alluceo is a digital, team-based care platform integrating patients’ mental and physical health into routine primary care. Born out of 20 years of best-in-class science and operational excellence at Intermountain Healthcare, Alluceo partners with health systems, payers, and employers to implement a holistic, evidence-based approach for managing chronic conditions. Based on a proven framework published in JAMA, Alluceo connects patients and their families with a personalized team of skilled caregivers, assesses a patient’s risk and complexity, and designs a personalized care plan to optimize health and wellness outcomes. Backed by Intermountain Ventures, Alluceo is leading the way to wellness by placing patients in the center of their care teams and treating each patient as a whole person.
Alluceo is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.