Senior Product Designer (UX/UI)
Are you a creative, results-oriented mobile product designer with a passion for all things digital? Here at iRobot, we’re looking for a talented product designer to help the team build world class digital experiences.
As part of our UX Design team in Bedford, MA, the ideal candidate will bring a forward-thinking design aesthetic, demonstrated knowledge of industry best practices, and the drive to deliver results as part of a dynamic, cross-functional digital team.
Key Duties & Focus:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of product managers, software developers, UX designers, and user researchers to maintain, improve, and evolve the iRobot digital experience across Android and iOS platforms.
- Design user flows and articulate your design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders
- Contribute to and maintain the iRobot pattern library
- Advocate for the customer, collaborating with product managers and software developers to bring to life the best possible customer experience
- Attend and actively participate in daily stand-up, grooming, planning, and sprint retrospective meetings
- Provide feedback to software developers during development process
- Deliver pixel perfect design, annotated wireframes, user flows, and prototypes using Figma, and Sketch
- Transform design research, user and business needs into highly intuitive user Interfaces and App flows.
- 5 years of experience in an agency or tech/product setting, building digital products/experiences, owning large-scale projects, communicating timelines, and executing independently.
- 5 years of experience designing and prototyping with tools such as Sketch, InVision, or similar and creating wireframes, clickable prototypes, and design specs.
- 3 years of experience working in direct collaboration with product leadership, development managers, and cross-functional stakeholders.
- A degree in visual or interaction design, or a relevant field
- Demonstrated ability to rely on data, customer insights, and usability feedback to iterate and create world class design.
- Talent for managing multiple projects simultaneously, from concept to completion; exhibit flexibility and ability to create multiple creative concepts.
- Experience acquiring user data at different stages of the projects including the early stage
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting user flows, wireframes, comps, or designs for complex software tools or applications, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it
- Mastery of hierarchical systems, color, typography, layout and iconography
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design and mobile best practices
- Empathetic with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Nice to have: 3D, animation/motion/illustration/web design