Senior Product Designer
Trouva is one of the fastest growing tech businesses in Europe (TNW Tech5), one of Wired Magazine's hottest European Startups and is 3rd in the prestigious Startups 100 Index, ranking the UK’s best high growth startups.
A software-enabled marketplace, Trouva brings customers beautiful homewares from the best independent boutiques around the world. We’re building a different kind of e-commerce experience, driven by discovery and inspiration. Using cutting edge technology, Trouva harnesses the expertise of the best bricks-and-mortar shops from Shoreditch to Stockholm, and scales their offering online to connect with a global customer base seeking unique, hard-to-find homewares.
Backed by world-leading investors, we’re growing incredibly quickly and are looking for exceptional people to join the Trouva family. Get a feel for what we're about through our Instagram or vision page.
As Senior Product Designer on the Retail Operations squad, you will lead design for our boutique platform and help our community of boutiques deliver the best experience for Trouva customers. You’ll have the opportunity to redefine how boutiques manage inventory, process their orders, ship their products to customers, and so much more.
In this role, you’ll:
- Collaborate with others. You partner with the Product Manager to be the voice of the boutiques and work with Engineers to build meaningful experiences.
- Provide design direction and governance. You utilise design to help simplify complex retail processes and problems.
- Evolve design and get hands on. You oversee the user flows, interactions, and visual design of our boutique platform.
- Be a design advocate. You liaise and co-create with your cross-functional squad, as well as other key functions in the business.
- Empower others. You are excited about educating, learning from, and collaborating with other Product Designers.
- Define the future. Trouva is an early stage startup that understands the importance of design. As such, we want a talented individual with a perspective on design.
- Own your work. You take the initiative to understand the success (or failure) of your work and are motivated to iterate and initiate change based on user feedback and metrics.
- Challenge the status quo. We believe in standing up for our ideas whilst listening to and being open to the ideas of others. You know when and how to advocate for user and business goals.
- This role reports to a Product Design Lead, whom you will work closely with to evolve Trouva’s design language and define the future of our boutique platform.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
- You’ve helped ship problem-solving products into the hands of real users. (We want to see a portfolio of work that outlines the problems you were solving, the process you applied, and the output of that process.)
- Strong visual and interaction design skills. You love creating work that is beautiful, but not at the expense of functionality.
- You can articulate your design decisions with confidence, clarity, and openness to feedback.
- You appreciate the product development process, from identifying problems and ideating solutions through to creating detailed UI design.
- Ability to create low and high-fidelity mockups. You know when to be scrappy and when to hone in on the details.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salary and share options in one of the UK’s most exciting startups. Equity is very important to us - we want you to be a shareholder in the company so you are part of the upside if we're successful together
- 33 days including 8 bank holidays per annum
- Competitive Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave policies
- A beautiful office space in Central London, with unlimited coffee, snacks and fresh fruit
- Need tech or equipment? We'll provide you with what you need to get the job done
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and people, including weekly meditation, yoga, five a side football and Pizza Friday's!
- Company benefits membership (e.g. discount on Apple products, discounted gym membership, free mobile phone insurance - via Perkbox)
- Unlimited staff discount on all Trouva products and a Trouva gift card to get something awesome for your desk