A Product Designer at Mango will need to create innovative, simple, and scalable user-interface solutions to complex language learning problems. When creating solutions to any number of challenges, you will need to effectively explain your solution to people in multiple departments. You have experience working on both UX and UI design and are familiar with creating apps for iOS, Android, and the Web. Testing with real users is an important aspect of this position. You will work closely with UX professionals to interpret and respond to feedback from these tests. A Product Designer at Mango creates excellent work while maintaining a humble attitude, accepting honest feedback from people inside and outside the company.
At Mango Languages we are a team of talented individuals passionate about transforming the language-learning space by building tools that will help people in classrooms, organizations, and households around the world learn a new language. We are looking for a Product Designer to be on the front lines of developing these new tools.
As a Product Designer at Mango, you will be working with a vast range of individuals within our organization, from stakeholders sharing new feature ideas to product engineers writing the code. If you are interested in being a part of this team, we’re excited to get to know you more.
- You will be working every day on designs and prototypes for features of the Mango Languages app on iOS, Android, and the Web.
- Your designs should ship quickly and with high quality.
- You will create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for new or proposed features.
- You will work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation using thorough production-ready designs.
- You will seek out long-term opportunities to improve features of the product.
- You will respond to user feedback with well-thought-out solutions.
- You will stay in close communication with your team and effectively communicate your design work and ideas to internal and external stakeholders
- 3 or more years working as a professional designer.
- Minimum of 1–2 years working as a User Interface Designer at a digital product-focused organization creating apps for iOS, Android, and the Web.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to create world-class Product Design for iOS, Android, and Web applications.
- Excellent visual design skills showcasing intimate knowledge of color theory, typography, and layout.
- Experience designing in Figma, Sketch, InVision Studio, or Adobe XD.
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving skills with a real passion for design
- Ability to think through complex interaction design
- Ability to express ideas through prototyping and flow diagrams
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Inspiring portfolio that demonstrates creativity as well as practicality
- Experience designing UX flows
- Experience working in Adobe After Effects
- Experience working with accessibility standards (ADA compliance, WCAG, etc.)
- You can speak more than one language
- This is not an Industrial Design position
On a mission to inspire curious people to forge deeper connections and meaningful interactions, Mango is the only award-winning, adaptive language-learning system powered by proven methodologies with learning content designed to establish retention and rapidly build conversation skills. Available on mobile, tablet, and web-based platforms to public library patrons, students, corporate executives, government officials, and language learners of all ages.Posted 26 days ago Apply Now