Lead Product Designer
Reporting to Director of Product
In 2019, shoppers will spend $400m shopping through Giving Assistant’s platform, transforming their everyday shopping into charitable giving.
We are a fast growing, social mission-driven, for-profit, Certified B Corporation. We make “giving back” easier and more rewarding for shoppers, nonprofits and consumer brands alike.
Through our partnerships with more than 4,000 of the most popular, trusted brands, such as Apple, Urban Outfitters and Home Depot, we’ve made it easier than ever for people to generate free donations to their favorite nonprofit organizations, while shopping at their favorite stores.
We have an ambitious goal for 1 million shoppers to have “given back” through Giving Assistant by the end of 2019.
To date, our online shoppers have donated $5 million of their cash back reward earnings to tens of thousands of U.S. nonprofits.
To transform everyday shopping into charitable giving.
Our Core Values:
- Work Smart, Live Well
- Do More with Less
- Be a Team Player
- Uphold Integrity & Transparency
- Inspire Giving
Our business is growing rapidly and presents unique, evolving challenges. You should thrive in a fast paced environment and find purpose in your work from having a measurable positive impact on society.
Your role will be vital in uplifting our core products at Giving Assistant to better serve the needs of our three-sided marketplace. You will contribute toward growth and positively impact our consumers, nonprofits and brands. Your eye will always be on key metrics.
- Be a champion of our millions of users, our design process and our company goals
- Attack problem spaces and drive potential solutions that are valuable, usable and feasible with Product and Engineering
- Lead design reviews with company leadership and provide expertise on how design can drive business results
- Maintain a pulse on the industry by regularly conducting competitive analysis
- Be data driven by using both qualitative and quantitative user research to inform our product direction and our personas
- Build storyboards, user flows, wireframes, low and high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas at the appropriate level of detail
- Create responsive designs and iterate on designs across multiple projects at the same time
- Contribute to our design system and support a common UI library
- 5+ years of Product Design experience with consumer and mobile products
- The ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision - answer “What should we build?”, not just “How should it look?”
- The ability to effectively influence and advise Product, Engineering and Go-to-Market teams to make design-centric decisions
- A bias for learning from users and past product decisions, measuring success and iterating to improve an offering
- Deep understanding of design principles
- A real passion for designing great user experiences
- A preference for creating clean, “less is more” user interface designs
- A desire for driving product decisions with user research
- A solid product design portfolio - please include it with your application
- Strong attention to detail - please add “I want to be a Givva” to your cover letter
- Ability to give and grow from constructive feedback
- Always be learning and growing
- A bias for taking action and doing more with less
- A genuine passion for empowering shoppers to give to their favorite nonprofits
- A strong command of brand design and/or advertising design
- Advocate for Design Thinking
- Previous experience managing designers
- Familiarity with the affiliate marketing space
- An expert in mental and product models
- Beautiful illustrations are in your wheelhouse
- People love working with you
Giving Assistant has a competitive compensation plan that includes:
- A competitive annual salary that factors in location and experience
- Stock options
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Stipend for continuing education
- Have a measurable positive impact on society
- Work with a team of passionate professionals (and a few dogs!) in a new, beautiful & environmentally friendly skyscraper
- Employer-sponsored 401K
- Quarterly company retreats and volunteer activities
- Audible membership
- Work from home Fridays
- Weekly company social
Giving Assistant believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. Giving Assistant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. We therefore encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply.Posted 28 days ago Apply Now