Dots is an award-winning independent mobile game studio based in New York City. We create thoughtfully designed games with an emphasis on aesthetics. With over 75 million downloads and more projects on the horizon, our diverse and talented team is expanding.
We're looking for an exceptional mid-level visual designer (UI specialist) to join our creative team. Strong and stunning design is fundamental to our games and we need your help to make more of them. Are you a UI specialist with a firm grasp on UX best practices? Can you design a pixel-perfect icon set, illustrate an in-game power-up, animate a popup and craft type in your sleep? Want to work directly alongside game designers and developers to create award winning products? Know Unity 3D, or interested in learning? Love mobile games and want to help us make them? Then, we'd like to chat.
- Create beautiful and engaging visual assets for new and existing games, including gameplay mechanics, board treatments and game iconography
- Develop compelling visual identities for new game prototypes
- Define and create thoughtful, clear and intuitive UI systems for mobile games
- Collaborate with game engineers to design, animate and bring to life satisfying game mechanics and interactions
- Collaborate with game and product designers to develop the structure and pacing of new game experiences
- Bring fresh ideas and inspiration to a diverse team of creative personalities
- BA / BFA in Design or Animation, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years experience in product design or user interface design
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud, and Sketch or Figma. Prototyping software knowledge is a plus (Principle, Framer, etc.)
- Highly creative, with exquisite taste and a discerning eye for nuances and subtlety
- Excellent communication skills – able to grasp concepts, follow direction, organize information, and refine amorphic concepts into legible visuals
- Solution-oriented, team-spirited, quick learner, ambitious but not narcissistic
- Experience in working in a fast paced environment
- Eager to integrate constructive feedback in pursuit of design excellence
- In addition to UI design, at least one of the following skills:
- Animation – characters, kinetic type, particles, parallax, storyboards, etc.
- Illustration (game board pieces, characters, backgrounds, custom type)
- Game design
- Unity3D enginePosted 4 days ago Apply Now